Chapter 3:Working Out...

Wait For It! (THIS CHAPTER WAS LAST UPDATED JAN 17TH, 2014 4:14AM)

Chapter 3: Working Out...

It's Monday again and I'm riding the school bus blocking out all noises, nodding to my music. I'm in a pretty good mood because I haven't seen my father since our last encounter on Friday. There aren't any traces that he has been home all weekend, this meant peace and serenity for me. I could actually tolerate being in my own home.

On the bus, the usual happens, yelling, screaming, fighting, arguing, teasing and laughing. But today, none of the usual annoyances matters because this weekend was damn near perfect. Especially, since I mange to sneak out the back on Friday night avoiding those girls from the club. I never had any intention on spending the night with them. They're nice and all, but I'm not about living life like a typical teenager. I just want to get my money and get out. Simple.

Fourth period couldn't end any slower.  We are reviewing quadratic equations and formulas, but to me this is child’s play. I've already read this chapter a few weeks ago. I know it inside and out.

"Mr. Strong."

Since my father isn't around, I actually got to eat breakfast this morning. So I'm not starving for 5th period lunch like always.

"Mr. Strong."

But I must say though, I actually can't wait for it. Listening to Tylin's unrequited love dilemmas is more enthralling than learning what I already know.

"Mister...Strong!"

"Yes." I quickly jump to a focus position pretending to have been paying attention the entire time.

The class laughs at my abrupt movement.

“Mr. Strong, can you give us x?”

I scan the board processing the information. Easy.

X is 32.”

A few of my classmates stare while others groan.

“Thank you Mr. Strong. I know you already now the material, but next time pay attention. This is a good review.”

The class laughs after someone does the cough tease where they pretend to cough as they muffle the word, “nerd” underneath.

“Alright class. Settle down, settle down,” she says. 

After about a minute the class did.

I face the window with one hand holding up my face. I sit in the isle closest to the window,  so no one saw the embarrassed expression on my face. Why am I feeling red? Now I really can't wait until lunch.

I can still hear some of my classmates still whispering to each other about the incident and others are talking about other things that interest them. The teacher continues shushing the class. 

I refuse to give the ones snickering about me any power. So I don't turn around to face any of them. But I have the urge to. I sit up straight with my left hand covering the left side of my face. I face the board and try to listen to what the teacher is saying but it's hard with all the whispering. I don't understand why I'm so paranoid. The whispers are mostly coming from one particular spot in the classroom. They're two rows away and a few seats back. About three students are whispering.

I can't take it anymore so I nonchalantly turn around to look at them. I see four students passing notes to one another. One of them is a girl from my bus. The girl who hardly ever shows up to ride but is always in school. I'm pretty sure she has a perfect attendance too. Immediately anger stricken my face. I can't comprehend why I was so furious. But my anger subsides when she turns around and sees me looking at her. I give my attention back to the chalkboard covering my face experiencing a wave of blush again. Once again I do not know why. The bell rings.