"Same thing I asked myself" I responded "It's probably to scare the people and stop the protest. The leaders hate the international support Nigeria is getting"

"You reckon the government is doing this then?"

"Most likely. Who else could it be? Most terrorist groups are funded by some government leaders. We'll find out in a few hours anyway. They're already torturing them as we speak"

At the sound of my words, something in me stirred. I can't explain what I was feeling. Pain? worry? I imagined them torturing my opponent. He was so young. He was probably even forced to join them. I've heard of terrorists recruiting young boys by forcefully taking them from their families.

So many questions ran through my mind.

Where are his parents?

Did he join these people out of his own free will?

If he did, what was his motive?

What will they do to him in the torture room?

Most importantly, why do I even care?

The last question bothered me the most because I know nothing about him.

"I wish we could get this over with" Mike said "The stress is getting to me"

"Same" Chen replied.

"I have an idea" Victoria snapped her fingers "How about we all have a sleepover at my place? We could even go to the club"

I laughed thinking she was joking but her face remained straight.

"You're serious?" I questioned.

"Mm hmm" she nodded "My parents will be out of town for a few days or a week. It'll just be me and my housekeeper so we can have a sleepover"

"That's chill" Mike said.

"I'm in" Choi spoke.

"Me too" Chen agreed.

"I'm Nigerian" I reminded them.

"So?" Victoria shrugged "Tell your mom you're staying at my place" she gasped "You can even bring Justin if he's interested. He's white, his parents will let him. We can even throw a party"

"It can be like a getaway or something" Chen squealed.

"Exactly"

"Is there Wi-Fi?" Mike asked her.

"Unlimited"

"Ouu. Say less"

"Free food. Unlimited Wi-Fi. Club vibes. Naah, I'm defo in" Choi said.

Well, it does sound fun plus I've never slept at a friend's house before. The problem here is convincing my mom.

"What club should we go to?' Chen asked Victoria.

"Quilox"

Everyone screamed in excitement.

I'm not much of a social butterfly but I know Quilox is by far the hottest club in Lagos. All the A list celebrities go there to party.

"How are we going to get in?" I questioned "We're all underage"

"Let's say I know a friend who knows the manager. I go there a lot"

Everyone cheered in excitement.

Yeah, everything seems fun and all but it surely can't be that easy-to-get in.

"Will they really allow a bunch of teenagers in?" I spoke up.

Everyone groaned.

"This is the thing about you" Victoria pointed out "You overthink everything, just chill out for a sec. We'll wear a bunch of makeup which will make us look older plus teenagers do it all the time. It's all about connection"

"Make up?"

The thought of it was horrifying.

"Look, stay home if you don't want to go" A clearly frustrated Mike said.

It looked as if everyone was pissed. I sat up.

"Calm down" I told him.

"Calm down? This is our opportunity to stay calm and relax. Why do you have to overthink everything?"

"I do?"

"Yes!" they chorused.

"Don't you want to live a little?" Chen spoke "Life isn't that serious. We're young and we deserve all the fun we can get. We work too hard. We should be able to do a few forbidden things to reward ourselves"

"Are you in?" Victoria asked me.

I thought about it. Chen does have a point.

"I'm in" I nodded.

"Great!" Choi said "Let's go to the club, have some fun and come back completely wasted"

"For once, we don't have to be serious secret agents" Mike said "We can finally be reckless teenagers, at least for one night"

"Sometimes, I forget how young I really am" Victoria sighed.

They continued chattering. I guess you can say I am a bit excited plus I get to bring Justin too, if he wants to come along.

A few nights in Victoria's mansion with four teenagers. No rules. No parental supervision.

What could possibly go wrong?