Chapter 18: New School and Friends

Start from the beginning

Serenity looked around, confused
"Tell me what?"

"Alessandro is an academic prodigy.....He completed four years of high-school in one year at 11. And so far he had acquired more than 18 degrees in many different fields. He even has a PhD in law and criminal psychology." Alicia said

"The architectural firm I told you about yesterday, Alessandro started it when he was 13. One day, we were playing building blocks after our trainings and he decided he want to make real buildings and two months later, he was on his first project. Everyone thought he was kidding and laughed that he won't make it but Zio actually invested real big when Alessandro asked for it.

And now it's the most popular casino in America 'Cerise's " Simone said.

Serenity smiled excitedly "Really? Oh my God! He is so smart."

Alicia grimaced "Oh trust me, you don't know."

"Why? It's a good thing, isn't it?" She said, noticing Alicia's twisted face.

Simone laughed, "Yup, Alicia can't play games with Alessandro. He is always two steps ahead."

"Enough Simone." Alicia gritted, and turn to Serenity with a smile "You like the dresses?"

"Yes, they are so pretty. Thank you Alicia. Although the prices are quite expensive."

"Don't bother. It is Alessandro who paid."

"I actually negotiated with him."

Alicia raised her eyebrows, "What?"

"Well I-I asked him to let me repay the amount by working for him. He agreed so I am gonna be assisting him in his business after school as a part time to make up for it."

Alicia smirked a knowing smirk "I believe you guys are going to work a lot."

"Yes, I have always been interested in designing layouts of houses and estates. I hope I get to know more about it so I can further pursue it as a career."

"Oh dear Serenity. You are so adorable." Alicia laughed.

Serenity looked at them confused " I d-don't understand."

"You're gonna give dear old fratello one hell of a ride."

***

Serenity didn't see Alessandro much during the days except at breakfast and dinner table. He was busy with business, she wouldn't want to know about. True to his words, he made sure she had good nutrition even on lunch if he wasn't there and visited her every night before she sleeps just to check on her.

Serenity thought it was sweet even though he was always cold and looked unbothered.

And the funny feeling in her stomach worsened every time he neared her. She wasn't sure if she should ask anyone about it. Her heart beat fastened and she flushed red when she thought about him and his acts.

Days had passed just like that and it was time for school. The weather was favorable, not too hot and not too cold. It was early spring. Alicia helped her picked out a cute outfit for the day and one of the maids braided her hair.

She was just slipping on her white sneakers when Alessandro barged in.

She smiled at him shyly.
"Good morning Alessandro."

"Good morning love. Are you ready?" he kneeled down on knee in front of her.

Confusion marred her face at his actions.

Was he gonna propose her?

She turned red at her thoughts but then it got interrupted when his long skilled fingers replaced hers and tugged on her shoe laces, tying them