Someone Asks You Out

are you really still here reading my book? yay haha. i'm glad you're here. seeing as the last piece of advice was how to ask someone out, i've decided to switch the roles around and give you some advice as to what to do if someone asks you out.

this is a long chapter. i'm sorry, but please bear with me. 

here's a scenario: someone walks up to you. you don't know them very well. you've seen them a couple of times in your life round school or work or wherever. they stand in front of you and look shy. 

what do you think you should do? 

answer: let them walk up to you. when you see that they are shy, don't tease them or make fun of them or anything, even if it's meant as a joke it's mean and it could scare them away. what you should do is, if they are looking at your shoes, you look at theirs. if they have their arms crossed, you cross yours. if they are standing on one leg with their other awkwardly rubbing their ankle, you do the same. try and mimic their movements as best you can without it seeming weird. this will help them feel much more comfortable. 

(you could use this technique to your advantage with anyone though. you could use it on your boss to get him to warm up to you, you could use it on your parents if you feel they're being too harsh. you could use it on absolutely anybody to get out of the stranger zone and closer to the friend zone. you don't even have to get to the friend zone you could literally just use it to avoid stepping on people's toes)

the person in front of you starts to speak. 

what do you do?

answer: let them speak. wait patiently for them to speak while looking at their face. but be careful where you're staring.

 if you look at their lips, it gives the impression of sexual desire. it could be used to get them to warm up to you even more but don't push it too far. 

don't, under any circumstances, stare at their forehead. it makes them instantly really uncomfortable, and they will run away. they just will. (if you have an enemy who's annoying you, stare at their forehead, but use this technique lightly and sparingly. you might end up distancing more people than you originally planned)

 and try not to let your eyes wander too much because it will give the impression that you don't want to be there and that you are bored. 

i would suggest looking at their eyes, or openly studying their face if you are interested in them. and if you're not or you're just uncomfortable with that, stare at the end of their nose. it's a kind of safe zone in the middle of their face. 

or, if they have a birth mark or a large freckle or a scar stare at that, but make sure you smile so they don't feel self-conscious. but only smile softly, like a tiny, barely noticeable upward lift of the edges of your lips. not enough to out-wright notice like you're grinning freakishly from ear to ear, but subtle, so that they know that you're smiling, but not consciously. if that makes any sense at all. 

so, the person starts to talk.  you can imagine whatever you want them to say, but it's basically along the lines of 'they like you, they have done since they first saw you blah blah blah'. if you want you can add the bit at the end of will you go out with them, but it really doesn't matter. so, they've confessed. you have waited patiently for them to talk while politely looking at them. now they're staring at you and waiting nervously for your answer, with half a mind to bolt before you say anything. so you've got to say something otherwise they will run off and cry themselves to sleep that night.