"Whafs daf rom?" Cosette asked with a mouth full of toothpaste as she pointed at the side of his hand. George just laughed because he had no idea what she was asking and Cosette rolled her eyes before spitting in the sink again, "What's that cut from?"

George furrowed his eyebrows and spit into the sink as well, turning his hand over to examine it but he wasn't at all alarmed, "I dropped a glass earlier, but I thought I healed it, guess it didn't hold.

"You healed it yourself?" She asked him in disbelief. "George you're sixteen, the use of magic underage is illegal."

"Illegal," George snorted and pulled his wand out of his back pocket. "All the ministry knows is that magic was used in a house with two adult wizards. They don't know who did it."

"But still," she sighed. "It's careless and clearly you don't know what you're doing if the spell didn't even work."

"You do it then," he handed her his wand and Cosette laughed again.

"That's not happening."

"Why not?" George asked, but when he noticed that she wasn't about to take his wand, he twirled it around his fingers. Cosette became distracted by the motion of it for a quick second, having never learned how to do that herself but she quickly looked back up at George.

"I haven't learned any healing charms yet," she told him. "We're supposed to learn them this next school year."

"Why am I not surprised that you already know the curriculum for next year?" George shook his head at her and Cosette felt her cheeks heat up. "However I am surprised that I know something you don't."

Cosette knew that turning this into a challenge was George's way of getting her to help him. When it came to their education, Cosette usually excelled past him and Fred. She cared about her grades more than they did, which wasn't shocking to anyone who knew them.

So George knowing something that she didn't was a little frustrating and she had a feeling that if she didn't try to help heal the cut, he would certainly hold it over her head.

She grabbed the wand from his fingers mid twirl, "Fine, what's the spell?"

"Episkey."

"That's it?" Cosette raised her eyebrows. "Seems easy enough."

She grabbed George's hand and held it out so the open wound faced her. George watched as she pressed her tongue against her cheek in concentration and held the wand on his skin.

"Episkey," she repeated cautiously and the two of them witnessed the wound start to heal itself slowly. Cosette's face lit up when she realized that her first attempt at a healing charm had been successful and George couldn't help but smile at her reaction.

He turned his hand over to look at him for himself before nodding in approval, "Looks good to me."

"That was my first time using magic outside of Hogwarts," she admitted, but she was still smiling. Even though the spell wasn't anything intense, it still gave her a bit of a rush to do it. "I need to go tell Fred!"

She quickly collected her clothes that she had changed out of and made her way back across the hall to the bedroom. George finished up in the bathroom and tried to shake off the stupid feeling he got when his hand was in Cosette's.

They weren't even holding hands. She was just keeping it steady while she performed the spell.

Regardless, he didn't want her to let go.

He splashed a bit of water on his face and took another minute before heading back into the bedroom. Fred was sitting up in his bed and Cosette was straddling him overtop of the covers as she excitedly told him about her use of Episkey. Again, George's eyes instantly went to her legs because Fred's shirt was much too big on her and his imagination was running wild.