Chapter 3 Ghostly Lover

Ayden told me everything that happened… He went to the beach while I was sleeping he couldn’t sleep yet he was tired and he barely knew what he was doing… He went into the ocean all the way to the sand bar and slipped on the edge and drowned. But he chose not to go to the afterlife but to forever love me… To stay and protect me forever… It was an immortal love; everlasting… I could barely process this in my mind. My love died yet stayed on earth? How did he not go to heaven? How was he granted a choice of life forever to be a ghost or to die normally? I asked a question I probably shouldn’t have asked but I’m only human my curiosity was just roaming my mind… I asked him “What did it feel like… To die?” His eyes squinted “I don’t really know… I was almost asleep… I know what it feels like to come back after you die…” My eyes widened “Well will you tell me?” I smiled sweetly to hide the fact I was aching to know. “It feels like you are pulled from your body, You can see your body  but you can’t feel… But you can feel love” “Love?” I asked with the most puzzled look on my face. He laughed “I love you! I can still feel the feeling of love I just can’t physically feel anything see I can’t even touch you.” He moved he hand over my arm it went right through. “It hurts to not be able to hold you when we watch the sun go down” A tear shed down his translucent face I would have wiped it away if I could have…