Chapter 2 Waking up to emptiness...

I woke up early that morning to silence, There was not the smell of coffee and the warmth of the toaster I walked to the window to see there was footprints in the sand I ran out of the door as quickly as possible walking to see your car was still there but you were not… I ran to the ocean exactly where the footprints lead only to find they lead to the ocean I ran into the ocean walking where the footprints lead they stopped at the sand bar and waved my foot across the emptiness of the edge of the sandbar I took one more step to look down and stepped on something… I looked down at my feet and grabbed the shining piece of metal that had been buried in the sand and my heart dropped… It was the necklace I had given you on your birthday last year with our initials carved into the little piece of silver on the chain. I swam back to shore and placed the small silver necklace on the beach falling to my knees and crying… Crying in agony, pain, and heart break… I screamed the most bloody scream that could have been heard for miles I just sat holding my knees and wearing your necklace I cried for hours and hours… And when the sun started setting over the horizon I felt a hand on my shoulder I stopped crying wiped my eyes to turn around to nothing… It was an empty beach just like before I thought I was going crazy… I sat there in total silence and said “Ayden?” in the softest voice I could I heard “Yes, love?” behind my back, I turned around and Ayden was behind me I ran up to him only falling to my feet… But I could see him but I couldn’t feel him at all. He could hear me and I could hear him… It was like he was right there but I couldn’t feel him… Was I hallucinating? Or was Ayden truly there?