|12| - Chaos

**Robbie Kay as Peter!**

|THRID POV|

/THE GLADE\

Emma felt fear filling her veins as the words spilled into the air.

"The walls aren't closing."

Chaos spread across the glade within moments, people rushing everywhere for safety. Screeching of grievers in the distance, growing closer made the impending doom looming over them increasingly larger.

"EMMY!" Newt yelled from across the glade with Thomas and Minho by his side. 

"NEWT!"

\THE SCORCH/

"Sooo." YN glanced up at the rearview mirror, catching eyes of blue-green. "Why did you want to come with us?"

Peter sat back in his seat, crossing his arms as he looked at the two in the front seat. "My own brother and sister had been taken, I had been the only one that managed to escape before I ended up in the van with them. I regret not being able to get them out too."

Lucy looked into the mirror in shock, before turning around and giving him a small smile. "They're probably happy that you didn't get caught as well. Who were they? Perhaps we know them."

Peter smiled at her while YN raised a brow at the exchange.

"Newt and Sonya, my twin and my little sister."

This caused YN to slam on the breaks in surprise, unbuckling her seatbelt and turning around to face Peter. 

"YN! What the hell! We could've been hurt!" 

"Newt and Sonya?" YN ignored Lucy, staring into his eyes that were wide in shock.

This made Lucy pause, and Peter nod with a frown. "Yeah, why?"

 YN chuckled and slowly slouched against the door of the car, her eyes drifting closed.

"Newt's the father of my daughter, and Sonya escaped with us." She exhaled.

Peter's eyes widened.

/THE GLADE\

Emmy was scooped up into Gally's arms as the Grievers entered the Glade. He ran towards the box, and Emmy's fear grew a little more. 

"EMMY!" Newt screamed as Thomas began to push him in the other direction.

Emmy was frozen in fear, each second passed by like a minute. Her eyes widen as the familiar creaking sound filled her ears, memories passing through her mind.

"No-"

But her voice was silenced as she and Gally jumped down into the box. Her body stiffening as she was set down on the cold metal, quick to bring her legs to her chest. Loud static filled her ears, distorting the sound of the grievers that had begun to destroy the glade. She closed her eyes, using her hands to cover her ears. But the echoing laughter wasn't coming from outside, it was in her own memories. And for the first time in a while, she cried.

Newt chewed at his lip as he continuously glanced at the door, his heart hammering in his chest. Aching to run out and find Emmy. He had seen Gally pick her up and run towards the box. But Gally didn't know about her fear, of the nightmares she had because of Nick.

And Newt was anxiously waiting for this to be over so that he could comfort her.

\THE SCORCH/