|11| - Enemies and Allies

{YOUR POV}

It was the sound of cranks that first caught my attention, the second was the sounds of chains. Lucy beside me flinched at the sight of so many cranks, tensing as she glanced at the ones closest to us.

"Nice of you to finally join us." A voice called out, male. "We were wondering when you would come in finally."

I place my hand on my hip, just above where I kept my knife. Scanning the room for the voice I reply, "We wanted to be careful, make sure that it was people and not cranks. You understand."

He hummed in response when I finally notice him on the stairs to my right. Beside him was a girl close to my age.

"Indeed I do. Tell me, who are you, where are you from, and why are you here?" 

I pause for a moment, glancing at Lucy before nodding my head.

"We'll tell you our names, but nothing else until we know yours." I walked through cranks, the obvious walkway between them.

He smiles. "Of course. I am Jorge, and this is Brenda. And you are?" He asks as we stop just a few feet in front of them.

"The names YN, and this is Lucy. Have you got a better place to talk or are we just going to stand around some cranks to have our conversation." I look him dead in the eyes, tilting my head up in confidence.

"Oh I like you, but yes. Follow me."

Brenda glances between me and Lucy in suspicion before leading us up into a loft with Jorge by her side. Other people were in there, some cleaning their weapons, others glaring at us. I glance at a few before stopping in front of Jorge, who had turned around and leaned against the desk.

"YN-"

I send Lucy a glance and she falls quiet again before I grab her hand. She nods her head and I look forward again.

"When I said talk I thought it would be more," I pause thinking of the word. "Private. But I suppose it's fine."

Jorge smiles again before nodding. "I believe I had asked some questions. Where ar-"

"I'm from a place a little south from here, near the ocean. It became overcrowded if you know what I mean." I interrupt and cross my arms. "And I'm here because I'm looking for people to help me."

Jorge and Brenda raised their brows, glancing at each other in confusion. "Help with what?" Brenda asked.

I smile as I look at Brenda, she had familiar characteristics. But of who I can't remember. 

"Help taking down WICKED."

This causes practically everyone in the room to laugh, and I feel a vein of annoyance open. 

"They took my brother," This cause Brenda and Jorge to pause. "They still have him and I need to get him back, along with all the others."

I knew I couldn't mention Newt or Emmy. That would raise suspicion, and I can't risk one of them calling WICKED here. I can't trust anyone here other than Lucy.

"You may not take me seriously and that's fine. But did you hear about the attack?"

This made them fall silent, and I nearly smirked. 

"Are you saying-"

"Yes. I helped plan the attack, and we lost a few good people. So we need more help if we plan on burning WICKED to the ground. Whether it be information where other good people are, or more people joining the cause." I state, looking at Jorge before glancing at Brenda.