|6| - The Key

** Little small note from your crank of an author, I have gotten a little busy with other things going on, but I'll try to update every other day from now on. Enjoy!**

{YOUR POV}

I lean my head back against the wall, breathing heavily I close my eyes. Lucy beside me was hunched over, gasping for air.

"I told ya. This is going to be the worst night of your life, and it's only just begun." I pant, opening my right eye to look down at her.

She turns to look at me, her face pale and scared. "I thought you killed one before."

I nod my head. 

"Then why haven't we killed one yet." She asks as she slowly stands up straight. 

I scoff and open my eyes as step off of the wall, still breathing heavily, but my lungs weren't burning as much.

"Well Lucy if you haven't noticed," I pause and point behind her. "That's not one, but three Grievers. And I've never killed three before." 

Her eyes widen, and I slowly catch up with the train of panic and turn around. 

"Why didn't you tell me they were behind us!" She yelled as we ran along the changing maze.

"Well because I wanted us to die!" I yell sarcastically. "Obviously I didn't know!"

We turn a corner and I nearly sigh in relief as I see the walls beginning to close. I run towards it, Lucy following close behind, but I could sense her panic.

"YN I don't think we're going to make it!" She yells, and I glance over my shoulder.

"We're gonna make it! We have to!" I yell back as I see three large Grievers catching up to us.

I grab her hand and pull her ahead of me, causing her to trip and roll out of the closing parts of the maze. I feel the walls beginning to touch my shoulders as I jump out last second. The screech coming from the Grievers was as loud as the doors slamming shut. Looking back at the doors, I fall back against the wall and chuckle softly. 

Lucy sits up on her knees, scrambling away from the Griever goop that was spilling from the cracks. She looks at me, her eyes filled with shock as I continue to laugh.

"You okay?" She looks at me with wide eyes.

I nod my head slowly. "I'm fine."

I stop laughing, closing my eyes again, before shaking my head. Standing up, I sigh and open my eyes. She scrambles up, looking at the wall where the grievers were dead. I nearly smirk at the familiar red flashing light. I reach my hand out, stepping towards the wall when Lucy grabs my arm.

"Wait, it might still be alive-"

"Lucy, it's dead, trust me," I state, giving her a deadpanned look. 

Her eyebrows furrow together in worry before she nods, and her hand slips off my arm. I nod at her and step forward, trying to not cringe at the goop that I just stepped in. I reach my hand in, grabbing the familiar net bag, and pull it out. 

Lucy visibly cringes at the sight of the Key covered in Griever meat. I just groan under my breath as I pull it out of the sack.

"So that's it. That's what we're looking for?" 

I nod and hold it out to her. "W.C.K.D. WICKED was always a bastard, and this was just one of their tests. Let's go to the doors so we can get there before they open, we'll be leaving today."

/THE GLADE\

(EMMY POV)

"Emmy!"

I glance up from my flowers and smile as I see Thomas walking over. He smiles back as he approaches before he glances over his shoulder at Newt.

"Hi, Tommy! What are you doing?" I ask as he sits down beside me under the tower.

He shrugs his shoulders before smiling again. "Nothing, just seeing what you were up to. What are you doing?"

"Making more flower crowns!" I exclaim, holding up the flower crowns I had already made.

He chuckles before nodding his head. "You're really good at that."

I nod my head before putting them back on the ground beside me. I hum as I untangle a purple one from the pile and turn towards him, placing it on his head. He turns his eyes up as I place them on his head, and I giggle as he goes sort of cross-eyed.

"Thanks, Ems-"

"You want to know about my Mom, right," I say as I look up at him. 

He stares down at me, shocked with wide eyes before nodding and stammering. "Ye-yeah, how did you know?"

I shrug. "I could tell, besides You like asking a lot of questions."

He pauses for a moment and nods his head with a laugh. "I guess I do."

I nod my head. 

\THE FIELD/

|THIRD POV|

The doors opened slowly and YN smirked as she sees all the Fielders lined up on the other side. Each one of them having their own supplies strapped to their backs. Harriet raised a single brow towards YN, asking the silent question.

YN raises the small silver tube, smirking and nodding her head. "Who's ready to leave this fucking place?"

And for once, not a single person disagreed. And they all yelled in unison, raising their weapons into the air.

"Then let's get the fuck outta here." That was all YN said before turning around and walking back into the maze for the final time.

~MINI TIME SKIP~

The entire field population, a total of 29 girls and one single boy, managed to escape the maze. They only lost two people during their escape, and five people were injured gravely. But thankfully they were saved.

Sort of saved.

Wicked in disguised, posed as their saviors. Taking them to a place where they believed they were safe from Wicked and their experiments. But they didn't know it. Not yet.

YN however didn't trust a single thing as they flew in a helicopter, flying over a vast empty wasteland called the Scorch. YN knew something was off, she just didn't know what yet.

She glanced over at Lucy, who was fast asleep at her side. She sides and placed her head against Lucy's, before closing her eyes. As sleep took over her, she could have sworn she heard the man say something under his breath. 

"Everything's gonna change."

And YN knew, he was right. 

But it already had changed. And YN could feel like something was on the horizon, but it was too far to tell if it was good or bad.

And all she could do is wait.

**TMR MEME TIME**