|1|- New Greenbean

**Book two of A14 The Mistake. If you haven't read it, please stop and go read it!**

(EMMY POV)

I felt someone shaking my shoulder gently as I was waking from my peaceful sleep. As I open my brown eyes, blinking away the last of the sleep, I notice that it was Newt waking me. He smiled down at me, before standing up and holding his hand out.

"Come on Darling, the new Greenbean will be here soon, and you still haven't eaten your breakfast." 

I give him a tired smile as I crawl out of bed, my hair tangled up from sleep. He chuckled as I grabbed his hand and began to pull him out of the house. I smiled as I passed a few gladers, waving at them as I went towards Frypan. I smile up at him, waiting patiently as he pulls up a plate for me, and fills it with breakfast. 

"Banana bread, one of your favorites," Fry says as he hands me the plate. 

I smile while grabbing the plate with both hands. "Thanks, Fry!"

"No problem Emmy."

I rush towards my normal spot of the tables, hopping into my chair. I look up as Newt walks over, and gently kisses my forehead like he always does.

"Alright, I'm going to be in the gardens until the box comes up, so why don't you hang out with Chuck until then." He suggested before I shook my head.

"Chuck's going to be doing his job too, and it's really gross. But I promised him that we'd hand it out after the box was up. I think I'll just go and see how Gally's doing and maybe Clint and Winston." 

He sighed and nodded his head with a smile. "Alright, see you then. And be careful of the Beatle blades."

"I will," I call after him as he walks out of the kitchen and towards the gardens.

I sigh softly and look back down at my banana bread. I place my hand on my cheek as my elbow hits the table.

"I miss you, Mom."

{YOUR POV}

"I SWEAR TO SHUCKING FEED YOU TO A GRIEVER IF YOU DON'T SHUT YOUR SHANK ASS UP MARY! NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE BEATLE BLADE THAT FELL INTO YOUR SOUP, NOW PLEASE SHUT UP!" I yell at the obnoxious little shank who won't shut her mouth to save the world.

I slouch back into my chair as Lucy pats my back softly and Sonya snickers into her soup. I glare at Mary who was about to open her mouth to say something back, but then Harriet slapped her on the back of her head. I smirk as I lift my spoon, sending a look to Lucy who had nearly choked on her spoon full.

"Alright ya Sticks. Today the box is going to be back up with another person, and if any of you sticks try to convince them to go into the maze again, I will banish you. I'm looking at you Stacy."

"It was one time!" Stacy called out a few tables behind me.

Harriet clapped her hands. "Alright, finish your soup quick! We got jobs to do before the bonfire."

I sigh softly, lifting my bowl to my lips and swallow the last of it before placing it back on the table. Lucy casts me a look as I crack my knuckles, and stand up.

"Meet you at the wall, okay?" I tell her before walking over to Sarah, who was basically the female version of Fry.

She takes my bowl with a nod, and I walk out of homestead and head back to my hammock. I grab my running gear, my chest guard with paper of the maps I had to trace in them. After I strap it on, I check my laces, before running to the doors that were opening any second now. I checked my watch as I slowly came to a stop in front of the doors, the other runners coming up behind me.

"YN!"

I turn back and look to see Lucy approaching me, carrying my forgotten lunch and water. I smile at her as she hands them to me.

"Thanks, it would've sucked if I forgot this." I laugh as I shove them onto my back, in the straps that would hold them.

"Yeah, and I figured that since we're going even further than before, we would definitely need it." Lucy beamed up at me.

I sigh and nod. She had become a runner a few weeks after I had, something I didn't really agree with. But if she was with me, I felt a little more comfortable with that.

"Are we ready?" I ask the other runners. 

They nod their head, and the cranking of the doors opening fill the Field. 

"Alright, let's get running you shanks. And make sure to check the time. No late runners like yesterday." Glaring at a few of them before looking back through the maze.

Once the doors open fully, we nod to one another before running into the maze. We had grouped up before splitting off at the first intersection. Half go right, half go straight. 

I glance over my shoulder at Lucy, who was keeping up with me rather well. She looked at me and nodded. Nodding back at her, reassuring that I was alright, I turn to look ahead again. I needed to find the cliff of this maze. Once I did, that's when the real challenge begins.

[NEWT POV] 

It had been two months since she's been gone. Last month, Chuck was the last Greenie. And the first time we did the Bonfire without her. Everyone had slowly returned to normal, Emmy had started talking once Chuck arrived. Of course, Chuck asked questions, but he stopped asking shortly after he arrived.

I suppose it had become some unspoken rule. To not mention her name or anything about her around the Glade. She would always be a sour subject. The wound might be healing, but it still hurts like it was yesterday. 

It was a sort of daily ritual for me and Emmy. To visit her, place our flower crowns by her cross. We did it every day. I would sometimes just sit by it and talk about everything in the Glade. As if she was still there. And Emmy would just make more crowns and sing songs occasionally.

Yes, life moved on. 

But we couldn't help but hold onto what we had left of her.

When Chuck had arrived. Emmy got a letter and a locket from the creators. The note simply said, 'It belonged to YN.' Nothing was inside it, but Emmy put in a white flower, the flower she used to make Yn's flower crown. She kept the flower in the locket, and she hasn't taken it off since then.

The sound of the box coming up made me stop my gardening, placing my hoe against the wooden stump. Emmy came rushing out of the deadheads, searching for me as the Gladers made their way to the box. She smiled at me the moment she saw me, waiting for me and grabbing my hand, before walking to the box.

I could hear Gally talk to the new Greenbean. Welcoming the new Glader to his home.  To the Glade.

** Bringing back the TMR memes~

Sincerely,

-Padfoot🐾**