Home?

Coal's PoV:

I'm not sure exactly how long it had been. Just a little tip for you - sleeping in a plastic chair isn't exactly something I'd recommend, however leaving the room was out of the question. No way.

"Coal...?" A weak voice calls, quiet and croaky.

My eyes immediately fly open and I turn to see Scarlet, trying to sit up but wincing in pain, clutching at her wound.
"No no, don't move" I gently remind her, and she quickly nods. "You-you're awake..."

"Yeah" she softly laughs, which caused her to gasp in pain again.

"I... I'm just so relieved..." I admit. "I don't know what I would have done if-"

"There's no if, I'm alright" she declares, weakly smiling. I stand up, reaching over the bed somewhat awkwardly to hug her, making sure to be careful of her injury.

My father had informed me of the plan yesterday. That we were going home as soon as Scarlet got better.

I was afraid of going back, but then again, I was afraid of staying here. What if Teal attacked again.... what if Scarlet wasn't as lucky next time.... but if we went back to Earth? We'd have the bad people to deal with... the ones who hurt my dad. And me.

Would they go after us for not finishing the job? My dad had promised me that they wouldn't, but how could he be so certain about that? And even if they didn't hurt us, then NASA would? Surely they would find out... they'd know what we did... well, what he did...

"What's wrong?" Scarlet asked, noticing the troubled look on my face.

"We're going home soon" I murmur, "But I don't know if we'll be safe..."

"We will, everything will be okay" She said, "I know you're worried about your dad... but NASA won't hurt him. They'll understand? Besides, your dad didn't hurt Lime, so they will know he's a nice person!"

"But still... what if they're like... Blue?" I murmur, whispering 'Blue' as if saying it out loud would cause her to suddenly appear.

"Just... don't panic, alright?" Scarlet sighs, gently squeezing my hand. "Stay calm and they won't be suspicious of us"

"Okay" I agree, taking a deep breath as I repeat her advice over and over again in my head.
"Hey, Scarlet...?"

"Yes?"

I gulp, gathering my confidence before continuing. "I... want you to know something... earlier I was afraid that I wasn't ever going to get a chance to tell you-" I pause for a second.
Come on... you have to do this...
"I love you, Scarlet-"

She smiles back at me. "I know."

"Wait, what?" I squeak, rather surprised, as you can imagine. "You did?"

"Yes!" Scarlet declared. "And I love you too"

WAIT WHAT?! Omg this is definitely the best day of my life! :>

So I'm really that obvious then? Meh, who cares?! I'm too excited to be embarrassed about that right now.

Just then I remember. "I'll be right back!" I tell Scarlet, making the bold decision to quickly kiss the back of her hand before racing off into the hallway, my momentum causing me to slide across the floor as I scamper around Mira HQ, yelling "SHE'S AWAKE!"