She's Mine: Chapter 19

Comenzar desde el principio

"Troy!" they both heard from behind. 

Helen let Charlie loose and her little legs were speeding towards her uncle. In that instance, he dropped down and swooped her up in his arms. She was showered in kisses and he was returned squeals and the tightest hugs her tiny arms could give. 

Eliza was smiling, but her stomach was turning. She couldn't resist the thought of thinking what it would be like to have Lulu in a father's love and comfort like Troy gives to his niece. It hurt in a way that made her enjoy the moment but curse the future. So many 'if only's circled around in her head, but then... she wouldn't have her baby girl any other way. Lulu's paternal situation was muddled, but she didn't have to suffer. Eliza was going to learn how to give her daughter all the love that she needed, and it wouldn't be the first time she had to do it for someone. 

All Eliza wanted to do was see Lulu's gummy smirk and pet her soft skin. But until then, Charlie's bout of affection was holding Eliza together. 

"Hi Charlie," Eliza said feeling a sting in her nose.

Helen put her hand on Eliza's shoulder and smiled at her, "How are you holding up? Troy told me--" 

The twin cut herself off and quickly shifted her look over to Troy to see if she had said too much. Her brother was a little red in the face, but he just looked off to the side and started to play with his phone.

"It's okay... I know that he tells you everything," Eliza blushed. "In fact, you two are so close, I'd think you're practically twins."

The two both broke out into laughter, and Eliza smiled at them enjoying her humor. Charlie rested her head on Eliza's shoulder and clung tight to her shirt, and this time Eliza didn't feel that the little hold was strange. She needed it, and slowly rubbed her little back. Troy caught sight of Eliza's loving embrace and held his breath.

"Well, Eliza, we have reservations at this swanky little Mediterranean place downtown, and we have to get going," Helen sighed. 

"She hasn't got in a car yet," Troy glared.

"It's okay, I'm just going to call a cab," Eliza smiled back, before putting Charlie down. 

Once she stood back up, she smirked at him. Troy quickly looked up and was flushed again since he was caught taking a glance down her shirt. 

"It's really alright, Troy. A cab should be here any minute now," Eliza reassured him.

His attention was on her mouth, but he looked burdened with a thought. She tilted her head and took a step closer to him.   

"You want to say something?" she slowly suggested.

"I want to say a million things, Liza," he sadly laughed.

Troy looked down to the ground and admitted, "But I don't want to cause any trouble." 

Eliza glanced around, "How could you?"

"I mean when it comes down to it... we do work together in a very professional setting," he thought aloud.

She slumped her shoulders and whispered, "Are you saying, that it ends here?" 

"No... I just don't know how to get it started," he confessed, swallowing hard at the truth. 

Eliza took in a deep breath and looked off to the side. Only turning her eyes back to Troy, she saw that he was looking over her face with sadness but longing adoration.