'~ Just listen ~'

Start from the beginning

"Oh shit, don't look! She might seduce you and make you go gay or something." Her friend pulled her away from you as you walked the opposite direction, as if to shield her friend from whatever they made you out to be.

You bit your lip in hesitation as you stopped in front of your classroom door. You heard about all the rumours about you, about how you shamelessly flirted with a few boys from a nearby all boys school. It was considered shameless because you went to an all girls school, and you openly went on 'dates' with them often, or at least that's what others who 'saw you' say.

You reached for the door handle and slid the door open as quietly as you could, but it wasn't that simple to go unnoticed when all the attention was placed on you. Every girl in the room stared at you like you were some pest that needed to be killed with all kinds of toxins. You lowered your gaze as you held back tears, 'why are they looking at me like that? What the rumours say aren't even true..'

You walked over to your seat at the back of the classroom, slumping into your seat as you kept your eyes locked on the floor, refusing to hurt yourself further by meeting the judgemental gazes of those around you. You closed your eyes, hoping to drown out their whispers that were full of venom, all pointing towards you. But you were pulled out of that attempt at peace by a sudden force pushing you to the ground.

"You bitch! You dare flirt with my boyfriend?!" Chika, the girl who pushed you, yelled as she towered over you. You stared up at her with confusion in your eyes, but it only fuelled her rage, making her signal her friend to pin you down on the ground.

"I.. I only thought of him as a brother.." You said as loud as you could, but their response to that was to give you a hard slap across the face.

"What a pick me girl! It's you and your coy act that's been attracting him and the rest of his friends to your cheap ass!" You winced at the sudden pain that began at your stomach, indicating they all kicked you in the belly. Tears welled at your eyes, threatening to stream down as you gasped for air.

As they spouted more hurtful words, you only closed your eyes, praying to God that this time will pass. 

"Flirt!"

"Bitch!"

"Cheap!"

All kinds of names were suddenly attached to your reputation. They echoed through your mind, you knew they weren't true, you knew you only had good intentions at the beginning of all of this. Basically, you reconnected with an childhood friend, and he introduced you to his other friends, one of them being Haru. You spoke a bit for months, often going on outings with him since he always invited you out to tag along. You refused all the time, not really finding it appropriate to be the only girl at those kinds of outings, but he insisted.

Few weeks passed, you fell apart because one of Haru's friends ended up liking you, you rejected him of course, but he was infuriated, and began spreading all kinds of rumours about you. One of them being the hot gossip at the moment, which was the rumour that you were a flirt.

You thought of them as friends, brothers even, but they took Haru's friend's side and made up all kinds of lies to make you look like the horrible one.

When the teacher came and gave the class a good scolding, she insisted you go home and rest, while she spoke to your parents. You ran to Kiyoko's house, seeking her gentle warmth that never changed, despite her being in her second year of high school while you were in your third year of middle school. She comforted you for weeks, and reassured you none of it was your fault, and that you were a good person.