'Broken' || Daichi

'~ lol wait im back to writing angsty ones. i found this prompt off pinterest ^^ ~'

You and Daichi had been dating ever since your second year in Karasuno, your second year in college being your 4th year together. But as the years passed, the days dissolving into nothing but good times, so did the romance in your relationship.

He had been studying harder than usual, not wanting to disappoint you or his family. But in the process, he was neglecting your needs and well-being, making you conflicted on whether or not to stay with him.

"Sawa-chan." You called out to his still figure on the living room couch as you leaned against the door frame.

"What is it?" He didn't even spare you a glance, shifting his gaze between his documents and his laptop. You sighed as you glanced at the dinner you left for him on the dining table, untouched and cold.

"You need to take care of yourself. I know you want to study to become a cop but this is too much." You had his best interest in mind, you only wanted him to eat least eat and sleep well, it was your way of supporting him. If he ate and slept well, he wouldn't feel so groggy and fatigued, it worried you how he began to neglect himself as well.

You approached him, sitting beside him as you gently rubbed a hand up and down his arm. "Come one, Sawa-chan. Just go eat the dinner I prepared and-" You were cut off by him shoving your arm away, glaring you down as he groaned.

"I don't want to, [F/N]. Just leave me be, I'll be fine." He said sternly, shifting his gaze from you to his laptop, except this time, his eyes were locked on his screen.

"Your grades are doing well, why are you still working so hard? Along with your cop training, you're excelling. I don't understand why you're still over-exerting yourself." You stated, not wanting to raise your voice at your already stressed boyfriend. He clenched his teeth, his jawline sharpened as he looked at you dead in the eye. 

"You wouldn't understand. You only ever do what you think you can give, then completely give up because you think it's enough when it clearly isn't." He snapped. You looked at him with a wounded expression, shaking your head as you slowly stood up, your fists shaking.

"You did not just say that." Your voice cracked as you held back tears. Daichi's expression softened and turned into that of a pained one, your words took him back to reality, making him realize what he had just told you.

He of all people knew what those words meant to you, how much those words wounded you throughout your adolescence. And it was he himself who brought you back up, making those words that once hurt you so much shatter into nothing.

But here he was, using it to hurt you, he didn't even hesitate to say it, which hurt you all the more.

"B-babe.. I didn't mean it." He chased after you as you ran to your shared room, shoving your clothes into your suitcase as you ignored his pleas. You zipped up your bag and made your way to the front door, but were stopped by his wrist grabbing your wrist.

"[F/N]!" You spun around to face him, tears streaming down your face. You pulled your hand away and ran out the door, pulling your suitcase as you walked down the sidewalk.

Daichi soon chased after you, running frantically as he yelled out your name. "[F/N]! Babe! I'm sorry!" His voice sounded even more desperate, running after your swift figure.