6 (part 1)

A/N: Heyy guys! I'm so sorry about the late update, life has been pretty busy with Morning classes, evening classes and night tuitions seven days a week

A/N: Heyy guys! I'm so sorry about the late update, life has been pretty busy with Morning classes, evening classes and night tuitions seven days a week. Enjoy reading and don't forget leave votes and comments<3

 Enjoy reading and don't forget leave votes and comments<3

HOLLY'S POV:

Before I could contemplate the events that took place, a cheery; familiar voice snaps me out of my distraught state.

'The carriage awaits you, your highness.'
Conner's smirking face invades my vision as I turn around to find the source.

'You ass! You didn't tell my mother I was trapped in the mall, did you?' I yell, making a run for him, forgetting all about the stranger.

Deep chuckles resonate around me as I jolt from one streetlamp to another, the blurry image of the snow-covered street whooshing past me. I fasten my pace trying to catch up with Conner's long strides, the chilly air hitting my sensitive skin causes deep shivers to take over my body.

The deafening honk of a vehicle snaps us out of our conflict. The headlights of a large truck flash in our direction as it jostles towards us at full speed. The loud beats of my heart thumping inside my chest fills my ears, like a time bomb threatening to explode at any second. I push the terror and adrenaline coursing through me aside, and turn around, hurrying back towards the pavement, as fast as my feet would take me.

After I create a safe distance between the truck and myself, I glance back towards Conner only to find him frozen at the center of the street.

'Conner! Move! Run!' I scream, panic coursing through my veins. He remains rooted to the spot, his eyes wide open in shock.

The truck smashes the brakes, stopping an inch in front of Conner, the sound of the rubber tires clashing against the ground reverberating in my ears.

The driver pours a number of profanities at Conner as I pull him towards the street lamp. The truck scurries away, the driver still shouting incoherent words from his half-open window.

Conner, as if suddenly freed from a paralyzing spell, blinks up at me.

'What happened there, Con?' I raise my eyebrows questioningly, my voice a few octaves higher than it should've been.