My mind was occupied with another person.

Adrianna Campbell.

Her temptation was getting harder to resist as time went by. I almost gave in and succumbed to her sirenic call.

Since that night, her scent ruled my senses. Fuck, I was attracted to her, but I couldn't just give into my urges and sleep with her.

She didn't know what she was doing to me.

When my PA identified my nurse dancing like there's no tomorrow. Something inside me snapped. I was reminded of how she was almost assaulted two weeks ago.

An unknown sensation crawled within me, a feeling I hadn't felt in nearly a decade.

Fear.

One might think what would a blind man fear? He lost everything a person could possibly loose.

Her cries rung in my ears, like a broken tape. They were filled with horror, pain, fear, gore. Everything a person fears.

She was begging, crying, sobbing, wailing- all while trying to escape.

And it was a sound I never wanted to hear again.

That day, I had a glimpse of the little girl that hid underneath her strong exterior.

She wore her confidence like a shield to protect herself and when that shield crumbled, all I saw was her shadow that was aching to be liberated.

It was a moment I didn't wish to go back to. A moment that would leave a scar in my mind, permanently.

Fear fueled my anger and hatred- towards those who was hurting her. A sense of responsibility fueled me, yet the fear lingered.

And that lingering fear blossomed as I was notified than Adrianna happened to be present in a floor full of horny, drunk men who could-

But why was this fear?

Why did I fear?

Dead cannot feel.

Was it because I saw her as a responsibility?

I was torn with myself. I knew our relationship of employee-employer ended the moment she confessed that she wanted to fuck me.

And it crumbled a bit more when I decided to-

A sigh of agitation escaped me.

I didn't know what came over me, maybe it was a momentous thing, an ephemeral. Maybe I could forget it, or so I thought.

The softness of her skin still lingered on my palm, I remembered the chaos that unfurled within me because of her kiss.

I shook my head.

I shouldn't feel about her this way. She was my caregiver, someone who was far younger than me and a girl who was most likely to regret her actions later. I had to be the responsible one and avoid her.

If only that little minx knew of the affect she had on me, if only she knew all I wanted to do was to bend her and fuck her raw-

"Brother," Archer's voice resonated through the room, making me snap out of it, "May I come in?"

"You don't have to ask," I sighed as I kept the cup down, facing the door.

"I wanted to let you know the results of the trial.." Archer mumbled, the sound of his footsteps resonating loudly through the room as he came closer.

"I was about to call you regarding that," I straightened as he took a seat in front of me.

"I am wearing a black shirt today, and black pants," He muttered quietly, "The court apologized for the delay." The sound of paper shuffling was heard as I felt something being clasped into my hand.