"I was in that same base for over half a century." He said in a low voice. "We might have even bled by the same knife at some point."

"Bucky was taken and used as an assassin, just like you, serum, torture, everything. Tony lost you and you never came back, he was looking for you for the last 5 years. We just want to help you get back to normal." He said trying to calm me.

"Who's Tony? What even is normal? Normal to me is being starved, beaten, and made to be a weapon." I said shaking. I stepped forward towards him and I saw the man, Bucky, step closer to me as well.

"Bucky, don't." He said cautiously.

"He's nothing like me, if you think that just because we went through the same thing makes us anymore alike, than you're dead wrong." I said glancing to the side at the blonde man. "You're walking free and I was handcuffed and taken. Something tells me we aren't the same."

"We all wake up to the same words don't we?" He said and I saw everyone shift uncomfortably. "Should we put on a show and tell?"

"I dare you." I said ready to murder this man with my bare hands given the chance.

"That's enough." I heard a woman say. She was a red headed woman with a long bob cut who had stepped forward.

"Take those cuffs off her wrists." I heard the man who wore the red suit from my cell say as he walked in with the woman.

He was without the suit now, but still had the same disheveled look on his face. The blonde man stepped forward and grabbed my wrist. I let him, but watched him careful ready to snap his neck the instant he tried something. He however took off the cuff from my wrists which had now dropped a copious amount of blood onto the ground.

"Follow me Val." I heard the man, assuming his name was Tony.

I looked to the others and they watched me carefully. I looked to Bucky and I could see we both wore the same look of murder. If he was anything like me than he deserved to be dead. What I was, what I had done under HYDRA, was worth more than a death sentence. I had taken countless lives over the last 5 years I can only imagine how many he had taken in over half a century.

I pushed forward and followed the same man out of the room. He tried placing a hand on my back to guide my forward, but I flinched away before he could. I didn't want anyone laying a hand on me if I had a choice. I was ready to fight for it too.

"This way." He said softly. I let him guide me down the hall and he hadn't said another word. We walked in silence as the others faded away as we turned the corner.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked anxiously.

"Your room." He said softly not even bothering to watch me behind him.

"You're putting me in a cell to rot just like they did aren't you?" I asked flatly and he turned around to look at me.

"No, a small apartment actually. 2 bed, 1.5 bath, a kitchen, and living room. The TV is quite big, really nice for watching football or porn." He said and I was taken back by his almost comedic response and tone. "I know you don't know me Val, I won't pretend like you do, but you were like a child to me. You're never going to be a prisoner like that ever again."

"Who are you?" I asked him.

"Tony Stark." He said softly. "Iron Man if you want my stage name."

"You're one of those Avengers." I said realizing I had heard HYDRA speak of many names associated with the Avengers.

"Yeah I am." He said nodding. "So were you."

He started to walk down the halls again and I stood there frozen. I could have turned to run away right now and might actually have a chance at freedom. But I didn't. I ran forward confused because I needed to know more.