Chapter Seventeen: Don't Stop Believing

(Before we get on with this chapter here's the song that was mentioned at the end of it. :)

As DJ slammed on the brakes the vehicle came to a screeching stop on the side of road. "Michael!!" He scolded while quickly turning his head around to face me. That's when I simply just blushed and sucked in my cheeks.

"Oops. Sorry." I replied.

"Dude, did you just say that DJ is God?" Josh questioned me.

"Did I?" I questioned back in a rather small voice before gulping nervously.

"Well now after that we have to tell them." DJ began before he heaved a sigh and then took a deep breath. "It's true guys. I'm God." He told them.

"Sweet!!" Josh exclaimed excitedly with a grin.

"Awesome!!" Logan cried out but Caleb didn't say anything and just simply turned to look out the window.

"I don't believe in God." He began. "Not anymore since the divorce." He finished.

"Look man, I know how you feel. I was the same way when my parents divorced and when my father died,.. but even though I never got to say goodbye that wasn't DJ's fault and yes, he is God. He has to be. I was ready to quit the band forever, and he helped me realize that I shouldn't quit doing what I love to do, and he even answered my prayer about having a friend. However, instead of one friend he gave me three." I pointed out as DJ started driving again and sniffed.

"Hey Mickey, I'm getting choked up over here." He told me while grabbing the steering wheel with one hand and steadying it before wiping his nose on the back of his other hand.

"Sorry man do you need a tissue?" I asked him.

"No, I'm good." He replied with a shake of his head.

Once we had gotten to the stadium DJ quickly parked the car and we all ran towards the entrance gate with our band equipment. "Name?" The security guard questioned.

"Read the jacket." DJ replied before he quickly spun around.

"DJ?" He replied questioningly.

"Yeah, it's short for David James." He began as he spun back around. "And this is Mick, Josh, Caleb, and Logan." He finished pointing to all of us as he said our names. "We're Shock Therapy and we want to enter the competition." He explained.

"They're just a bunch of kids." He replied.

"Thank you Captain Obvious!" DJ exclaimed sarcastically. "I know they're kids but they're really talented and you should just give them a chance." He told him.

"Sorry, you have to be eighteen or older to enter." He replied as DJ suddenly let out a great big breath of exasperation and glanced down at the ground.

"Normally I don't mess with free will, but this is an emergency." He said as he quickly snapped his fingers. "I think that you just had a change of thought." He began. "Now can we get in?" He questioned with a grin.

"Certainly Mr. James." The security guard replied in a robotic hypnotic tone. "Everybody is welcome. Especially kids, I love kids, all kinds of kids." He replied with Caleb let out a gasp of astonishment and widened his eyes.

"Well thank you that is__" DJ began.

"I love adorable little puppies and kittens too and fluffy bunny rabbits." He continued.

"Yes well,.." DJ began again as all three of us boys started laughing.

"I even sleep with stuffed animals, and my baby blanket and suck my thumb and___" he continued.

"That's enough!! You've given us way too much information there Malcom." DJ said and with another snap of his fingers Malcom's eyeballs rolled back into his head and he collapsed and fell instantly asleep and started to snore.

"Don't worry, in another hour or so he'll wake up feeling as fresh as a daisy." DJ began. "Now come on let's go!" He cried before all five of us ran inside.

"That was so awesome dude you weren't kidding!! This guy really is God!!" Josh exclaimed excitedly.

"Shh!! Keep your voice down!!" DJ snapped inside a whisper.

"Sorry man." Josh told him and that's when suddenly we bumped into a familiar face.

"Well, well, well,.. DJ, looks like you decided to show up after all." Diablo said with an evil sneer.

"Uh Mick who's that?" Josh whispered.

"So you must be Joshua Remix, Logan Daniels,.. and my man Caleb Johnson." Diablo replied with a grin but DJ was narrowing his eyebrows and glaring at him.

"Stay away from him!!" He shouted.

"Why should I? You heard the kid yourself, didn't you? He doesn't believe in you and doesn't want you anymore after you deserted him once Mom and Dad made the split." He replied.

"That's a lie!!" DJ snapped. "Don't listen to him Caleb!! Block him out!!" He cried out.

"But he's right!!" Caleb hollered.

"No he isn't Caleb don't listen to him!! He's only saying that so he can get your soul when you die and take you to Hell." I told him. "He really wants to torture you and DJ is your friend. He is truly the best friend that anybody could ever have and if you want proof that he loves you he not only gave his life for you back when he was Jesus,.. but he's here right now trying to help us believe in ourselves like he believes in us and the only reason that he agreed to do this contest in the first place is to protect me from him." I explained while pointing over at Diablo.

"Well, that and I love to rock." DJ replied with a grin. "But I love you guys more and I just want you to trust me." He told them as there was a few moments of a silent pause from Caleb before he slowly nodded at him.

"Okay." He replied.

"NO!!!!!" Diablo hollered on the top of his lungs before he pointed a finger at DJ. "You might have won this round but believe me when I tell you that these kids are mine all mine you hear me!?!" He yelled before he stormed off while a band started playing Journey's Don't Stop Believing off in the background.