Chapter Seven: He Lives In You

(Before we get started this is the song being sung at the end of this chapter, and the second one posted is more what DJ sounds like singing it. :) )

Once DJ and I returned from the restroom I nearly had had a heart attack when I saw that Allie and Caleb were here. "Oh sh__" I began, but instead of saying the word to my horror a monkey call came out of my mouth instead and I quickly covered it with both of my hands. My heart sunk as I realized that people in the restaurant were staring at me again. As I turned my head to glare at DJ I saw that he was busy wagging his finger at me.

"I gave you a mouth so you could bless others with it not curse them." He told me as I simply just rolled my eyes at him.

"Yeah well right now I hate to think what other people might do to us." I told him.

"Don't be ridiculous! I'm God and immortal and invincible,.. and if anybody messes with you, they'll discover that I have a black belt in karate. Of course, it's only if I really need it and it's for defense only." He explained as to my complete shock and horror, Allie had now turned around and was headed our way.

"Here she comes, just act natural." I whispered as she smiled at me.

"Hey Mick, who's your new friend?" She asked me.

"Umm DJ. He's staying with us for awhile because he's going to be taking my father's place in Shock Therapy as lead singer and electric guitarist." I replied while she stuck out her hand towards him.

"I see, well nice to meet you DJ. I'm Alyssa but everybody just usually winds up calling me Allie." She told him while she shook his hand.

"I know." He replied as she just raised a questioning eyebrow at him.

"He means that he knows because I've told him about you." I added quickly.

"No actually, I beg to__" DJ began before I quickly placed my hand over his mouth and Allie giggled.

"He's quite the character isn't he?" She questioned.

"Yeah, he is but he's also amazing." I replied as we exchanged smiles and I finally removed my hand off of his mouth. "Can you just please excuse us for a second? We've got to talk about a new song we're writing." I told her and quickly dragged DJ away before he could say anything else.

"Okay Mick, now that was an actual lie!" DJ snapped inside a whisper. "We don't have a new song yet!"

"Look DJ, sometimes we have to lie. That's the girl of my dreams over there." I told him.

"So what's your point? Do you want Allie to like you for who you are or who you pretend to be? After all, how do you know somebody truly likes you unless you're honest with them?" He questioned me and I just simply heaved a sigh not knowing how to respond. "Look, I know you don't want Allie to think you're crazy, but if she really likes you and I know she does then she'll understand the situation and believe you." He told me and I didn't argue the point anymore because I knew that he was right. I just simply took a deep breath and we both walked back over to her.

"So, what's the name of your new song?" She asked me.

"Umm,.. well,.. actually,.." I began.

"See what lying does to you? It helps get you into trouble more than it helps you get out of it." DJ whispered into my ear.

"The truth is that I lied to you Allie. We don't have a new song yet and there's something I have to tell you, but you might want to sit down for this." I warned her as all three of us sat down at a nearby table.

"Alright." She began. "So what is it?"

"He's God." I replied quietly.

"Who is?" She questioned me back as I pointed over at DJ.

"He is." I told her.

"Okay, so why is God going to be singing in your rock band?" She wondered but DJ just slyly grinned at her.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." He told her. "Don't worry, you will eventually though." He reassured her.

"He's really good though I've seen and heard him perform." I told her. "We just have to get the other guys together and write a really good song for the school fundraiser coming up." I said when suddenly our waitress came over and we ordered some pepperoni and sausage pizza and I had absolutely no idea that DJ would love it as much as he did. For the first bite he took we could literally hear a hallelujah chorus fill the room.

Allie and I began to laugh, and DJ apologized for it a couple of times before clapping his hands together rather loudly a couple of times to stop it and then all three of us continued eating our lunch. That night after I started getting ready for bed, DJ came to visit me inside my bedroom while I sat upon my bed and looking out the window at the starry sky.

"Hey Champ, are you all ready for bed?" He asked me as he sat down upon the foot of it and I silently just nodded at him. "Want to talk?" He inquired.

"Yeah,..." I began. "I just really wanted to know what you meant by the fact that I'm supposed to find my father's spirit." I told him and he just simply looked at me in a very loving manner.

"You obviously haven't looked in the mirror recently. For if you had, you would discover that it isn't all that difficult to answer." He told me before he started to sing to me in a very calm and soothing voice but in a rather big and theatrical voice as well. It was that song from The Lion King II called "He Lives In You." It was so very calming and soothing that before I knew it, I fell asleep.