Chapter Ten: Lost

(Before we get started here are the songs mentioned in this chapter and a song that was inspired by it. :)

                We played a few more existing songs like Kryptonite, I Don't Wanna Be, and Free Bird before our show was over and we all gathered together. "Great show guys!" DJ exclaimed excitedly as I just simply smiled at him.

"We did do a pretty good job didn't we?" I questioned him as he grinned back at me. "I'd say, that it was rather,.. shocking." I said and that's when suddenly we both stuck out our fingers towards each other and DJ shot a little bit of static into mine. "Hey!" I cried out as he let out a chuckle.

"The best thing is that all of our money from the show and today's carnival goes towards cancer patients like Lisa." DJ said.

"Yeah, well now do you want to go play some games, get our faces painted, and get some food and something to drink?" I inquired as a rather large grin stretched a crossed his face.

"If I said no, I would be lying to you and you already know how I feel about that." He told me as I leapt on top of his back like I used to do with my father after we had played a really good show. "What do I look like to you a jackass?" He questioned me as I let out a dramatic gasp of astonishment.

"DJ! I thought you never swore! I must say that I'm appalled!" I cried out.

"Don't be, I'm talking about the donkey." He told me when suddenly when ran into two other people. One of them was male and sort of looked like DJ, but he had shorter hair and a beard. The other one was female, and she had skin as white as snow, long black hair, and amber colored eyes.

"Hey Dad." The male began and I knew in an instant who it was before I leapt off DJ's back and he ran to them and embraced them both tightly.

"Jesus!! Hopey!!" He cried out.

"Wait a second, I thought Jesus was just another form of you." I said as I raised an eyebrow of confusion.

He is, but He's got to call me something now, doesn't He? And since He was born from my spirit, it only fits that He calls me Father." DJ explained before he finally let them go.

"Dad, can I talk to you for a second?" Jesus inquired.

"Sure Son, Hopey why don't you go ahead and stay here with Mickey and get to know him?" DJ suggested before he went off to the side with Jesus.

"Dad, is it just my imagination or are you getting just a little too attached to Mick and the rest of this planet?" Jesus asked him before DJ simply just heaved a sad sigh and hung his head.

"No,.. you're right. I am. Don't worry though, I haven't forgotten my mission. As soon as it's over I'm going back to Heaven with you and Hope. It's where I belong. I could never find a place here on earth." He said before heaving another sad sigh and slumping down slowly walked back over to me.

"Hey DJ, are you alright?" I questioned him with concern as he faked a smile at me.

"Yeah kid, I'm fine." He replied. "Maybe you were right kid, maybe sometimes we have to lie to protect the ones we love and care about." He thought inside his head and was really glad that he and Jesus and Hope were the only people who could read minds. "Come on, let's go and enjoy the rest of the carnival." He told me and I smiled back at him before we started showing Jesus and Hope around. DJ and I both got our faces painted (I got a pawprint and he got a lightning bolt) and then we played some games before saying goodbye to Jesus and Hope and going home.

"Hey Mickey, want to keep my prize that I won at Ring Toss?" He questioned me while he held up his tiny bag that held a little goldfish inside it that was swimming around. "Although it's a cute little fishy, I'm more of a dog person myself." He told me but instead of answering his question I just simply looked at him.

"DJ, why did Jesus and Hope come to the carnival today? Aren't they supposed to be in Heaven?" I asked him before he took a deep breath and simply just sighed as all of the color in his face suddenly drained out.

"Look kid, what you have to understand about that is__" He began when I suddenly burst into tears.

"They were coming back for you weren't they!?" I sobbed. "It isn't fair!! First my father leaves and now you!! I just feel so lost DJ!! And I would feel even more lost without you!!" I cried before DJ tightly embraced me and I could hear his heart pounding up against his chest as he hugged me.

"No kid. I will never leave you or forsake you. No matter what happens. I promise you that." He reassured me as he gently rubbed my back while I cried inside his chest. "Shh,.. it's okay. It's okay." He whispered before softly kissing the top of my head.

That night once again I fell asleep inside his arms. With DJ here with me, it sort of felt like having my father back with me again. For DJ was now the closest thing I had to it. I was just happy that I finally had another person in my life that loved me, and I really didn't want that to go away. I didn't want DJ to go away. After the school carnival people were really starting to notice me and I was finally starting to fit in and make friends. I even got enough courage to sign up for the school football team. Little did I know, all of my problems weren't over. They were just starting to begin.