Chapter One School Bullies

Dedicated to the real Joshua remix as my gratitude for the use of his Roleplay.me username and real-life personality and looks,.. you totally rock dude!! :D Also for the band name of Shock Therapy that was inspired by Calemn. I have absolutely no idea who or what that is,.. but he wanted me to mention it lol so I did.

My name is Michael Leonard Dawson Junior or the second,.. but people generally just call me Mick. Last summer when I moved to California I had absolutely no idea that it would be the summer that would change my life. I've never been one of the most popular kids in school since if you asked for my opinion, I wouldn't exactly say that I'm attractive. I have chocolate colored hair, dark brown eyes, bushy eyebrows and I've always been a tad bit overweight. I used to have glasses before I switched to contacts.

Anyways, this isn't my story,.. it David Goliath James' story, but everybody just calls him DJ and he just happens to be my best friend in the whole entire world, but we'll get to him later on. For every story has to have a beginning, and mine began one day when my father was dropping me off at high school. I had just turned fifteen the weekend before and was able to stay with him for it. You see my parents are divorced and my little sister (she just turned seven) is only my half-sister since I am a child from my mother's previous marriage.

Or at least that's what she likes to tell people as I'm not really sure if it's true, or if she had an affair. However, that's not really my business and it's not important for the story so let's continue. My father just finished dropping me off at school in his white pickup truck and early that morning at school we had a surprise assembly. We had a new student by the name of Lisa Lin who just happened to be a cancer survivor and so Clearwater Christian Academy (my school just in case that you didn't already figure it out) was going to have a fundraiser to raise money for a nearby children's hospital.

I had grown up in a very religious family. We went to church every time that the doors were open. Although my father was the lead singer of our church's contemporary rock band Trinity. That got me to thinking, since Ms. Wright (our teacher) said that we could choose to help out in the fundraiser if we wished, what if my father and I formed a rock band together? That's when suddenly I raised my hand. I was shyer in school than I was at home because me and all my friends knew that I had a highly attractive teacher. Blonde hair, blue eyes, total babe in other words.

"Yes Michael?" She questioned me since she always called me by my true first name. Now I had just moved from Texas, so a lot of the kids always used to tease me due to my southern accent.

"Well my father sings in a rock band at church, maybe we could sing together." I suggested.

"That's an excellent idea." Ms. Wright replied with a rather warm and loving smile but a lot of the other boys just chuckled at me.

"Yeah and maybe I could take ballet." A bully kid by the name of Eugene Douglas (which if I had that for a name, I have to admit that I would probably be a bully too) said with a laugh. He would never be one that somebody would suspect for being a bully since he was rather tall and slender and had big ears, freckles on his cheeks, big teeth and braces. He actually looked like the class nerd instead of bully and somebody that I could beat up if I wasn't so short. "Shouldn't you be singing country music cowboy?" He questioned me as I simply just made a face out of disgust.

"Now Eugene, Michael is allowed to sing whatever he wants to. Just give these papers to your father that explains the rules. We need them in by September twenty-first." Ms. Wright explained to me before she handed me the papers. That afternoon that I rode home on the bus I noticed that several children were picking on Lisa because she didn't have very much of her hair grown back yet and that made me really angry.

The fact that we even had bullies at all at a school where we're always supposed to be showing the love of Christ and setting an example for the rest of the world always threw me for a loop. Poor Lisa was in tears and that's when I had had enough. "Hey!!" I cried out as I quickly got to my feet. "Leave her alone!! What did she ever do to you!? And it's not her fault that she was sick and lost all of her hair. At least she was born without balls and didn't lose them like you." I said right before I realized that I had gone one step too far and Eugene Douglas punched me right in the mouth.

I couldn't help it though, I just couldn't sit by and let him and the other boys treat Lisa like that for something that wasn't her fault. After I got back home I told my mother what happened. "Oh Michael, you should have turned the other cheek. It's one thing to stand up for somebody, but you didn't have to insult the young man for it." She pointed out to me.

"That's just it though Mom, guys who bully others and treat girls like that really aren't behaving like men at all in my book. They're acting like dickheads. I'm sure that even Jesus would agree with me on that." I told her as she then told me that I was grounded for using that kind of language (because if she's told me once she's told me a million time) and then I was sent to my bedroom to start working on my homework.