Chapter 2

Stefano's POV

Gazing New York city from my office window I see the horrific traffic that keeps you stuck for hours and the blinding lights. They say it's the city where your dreams come true but for me is where they crushed mine. My work now is simply a distraction from the person I will never see again - my bambina, my butterfly, my little girl. Right now she would be seventeen. I missed all of her firsts, her first word, her first step, the first day of kindergarten, the first day of middle school, her first day of high school. I wonder if I'll ever see her again. Our family was never the same after her kidnapping, we turned cold and my son, my precious little boy he's missing his twin, his other half. He knows he had a twin sister we showed him photos when they were little babys but that will never compare to kiss her, to hug her. I just wish that the stars would give me a chance to be the father that my little girl deserves.

RING RING

"Hello?"
"Sir, we found a lead"

They heard me, the stars heard me.

"Sir, are you there?"
"Yes, send me the file. I hope it's not another false lead, or you know what happens" I said with a strict voice.
"No sir, we believe it's really her"
"Send me the file and then we'll talk."
"Yes sir." He said before I hanged up.

I hope it's really her. I couldn't suffer anymore.

I looked again at my phone and called my oldest son.

"Ciao papa"
"Call a family meeting, right now. I'm getting out of the office now when I get home you all better be there."
"Dad is everything alright?" I could feel the concern in his voice but I couldn't say anything yet.
"Yes, everything is fine just meet me at the house"

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

I just got home and I can't wait to tell them the news. I hope they'll be happy. We've been waiting for so many years for this opportunity. But this time is different, I feel it in my heart that it's really her, I have faith that's her.

Entering the living room I see them all sitting on the couch.
"What's wrong dad?" Luca said. He was her favorite, when she disappeared he became another person, he never showed emotions with fear that the persons he loves will disappear like he's baby sister.
"We found another lead" I said without emotion.
"Again? Dad we've been looking for her for seventeen years now and we never found her. We should stop looking because she will never appear." said Lorenzo. The thing about Lorenzo is the fact that he doesn't believe we will ever found her, he believes she's already dead.
"I'm not looking for an opinion. I'm saying that we've found a lead and I'm going to make sure it's really her. If you don't want to believe it then that's your choice, but I'm going to look for my little girl until I'm six feet under."
"When and where are we going? " Raffaelle asked .
"Tomorrow and we're going to New York. But it's just the two of us that are going. I don't know if it's really her so I just want to make sure we're not wrong."
"Okay, dad" They said at the same time.

During the conversation Giovanni was quite.
Kneeling in front of him I see his face, a face of a person who's missing his other half.
"I promise you, if it's her I'll bring her home. Even if she doesn't remember us we will make new memories and I'll never let her go again. I swear to you." I said.
"Thanks dad." He said with a little smile.
I got up and hugged him, "I promise" I said in a small voice.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

The night has passed and its now time to go to New York.
Raffaelle and I are sitting in the plane, both of us haven't said a word. We're ten minutes from landing and even though I'm not showing, I'm freaking out. I'm a mafia leader for God's sake and I'm freaking out like some thirteen year old when she finds out her celebrity crush has a girlfriend.

Raffaelle looks at me and I can tell he wants to say something.
"What is it?" I ask with a knowing tone.
"What if it's not her?"
"I believe it's her, I just hope I'm right." I said looking out the window.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

We have landed and are now on our way to the school we're supposedly my bambina is.

We arrive at the school and make our way to the principal's office. In the front desk is an old lady that kinda looks like the grandma of the school.

"Good morning, I'm here to see principal Smith." I say.
"Yes, right this way Mr. Romano."

Entering the office there's a wooden desk in the middle with a man, who I assume is the principal, behind it.

"Mr Romano, it's a pleasure having you. What brings you here." he said with a friendly tone.
"I believe that there is a student here that might be my daughter, I would like to know her."
"Of course, let me just take her file. What's her name?"
"Giovanna Romano" Raffaelle said.
"Ah, here you go. Giovanna is one of the best students in our school. Always straight A's, never in trouble, even though her friends are little trouble makers. She really likes them, after the orphanage thing she went to live with them, they are her family now."
"What orphanage thing?" Raffaelle said with an confused but angry tone.
"The owners and workers were arrested because they would do terrible things to the kids. Poor things, no one deserves that."
Now we were fuming, it was like I almost could see smoke coming out of our ears.
"Did something happen to her?" I asked trying to keep my anger at bay.
"I don't know, you have to ask her. I'll call her in."

Finally I was going to meet her, and I could feel it was my little girl.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

A.N
thank you for reading another chapter.
don't forget to vote, comment and share.