2.Connection.

"There are no wrong turnings . Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk ",- Guy Gavreil Kay , Tigana.

●●●

Finally Monday morning seemed to have come too soon for Tadashi. His body was slouching as he woke up,dragged himself to the bathroom to clean up before preparing for school. For the first time ever his head was hanging as he went down the flight of stairs. When he reached the last one , he found his mother standing there with his school bag one one hand and the Jacket on the other.

"Mommy I don't wanna go to school", he whyned. The swirled leaves were stuck on the window seal.

"You know that you have to go and that isn't open for discussion ", she raised an eyebrow. He sighed in defeat let is kother help him with his jacket and had breakfast.

The moment the shear force of the strong wind made contact with his cheeks he shivered. He blinked a couple of times, today the colour of the sky matched his grey eyes. And the wind blew his hair a little.

He felt something brush his arm. The little girl from next door came next to him. What was her name again he thought. He tapped the side of his head.

Oh yes. Brielle.

"Hello ", she smiled holding her backpack tighter. He took a second to scan her. Her cheeks suddenly turned pink.

Today her hair was held high in a pony tail and it brought out her green emerald eyes making them glitter in the cold. She blinked a couple of times as the wind dried her contacts. She despised glasses and that's what she wore most of the time.

She felt something in his heart and some how different in her presence. A strange feeling he'd never felt before. But she couldn't be a friend with a girl. What would all the boys think of him.

He ghosted her , however Brielle was determined on getting to know him. He loved the colour of his eyes. She didn't have any friends . Too scared to ask anyone she kept to herself most of the time. Talking semmed to drain a her energy but hung out with two gilrls just like her living a few houses away from her's. But since they were neighbours she had an interest in doing so.

"Bye Brielle. Go stand by the stop before the bus leaves you", she heard her elder sister shout behind her. She turned and waved at her.

Monika wore knee length boots with black jeans , maroon turtle neck and a warm jacket to combat for the cold weather. She threw her school bag at the back of her car and shooed her little sister with her hand. Little Brielle ran to the bus stop behind Tadashi finding other children.

Little Tadashi was standing a little further away from the rest of the children. By the time the bus came they all got inside taking their normal seats he was the last one to get in. Most of the seats were occupied and he couldn't find a seat for himself it was either they were occupied or they told him that the seat belonged to someone which wasn't true.

He stood next to the well fed boy with black hair aksing for a seat. He was chomping down a chocolate bar.

"Get out of my face you little juice bag", he yelled.

He felt a hand tug his bag pulling him backward. The little chubby girl who was his neighbour.

"Oh save it Billy. Why don't you tell that to me", she said standing infront . Face up and scruched up. Billy thought would have to think twice before bullying this girl standing before him or else history would have to repeat itself. He wouldn't afford the embarrassment and the scolding and being grounded for picking on this girl.

Everyone was shocked when she girl defended herself and where she took all the strength to push Billy in the lake. But that's history. No one messes with her now and by that I mean not a single person does which gives you the reason why she's alone most of the time.

"Take your little friend to his seat Phillips ", he said looking out the window as a way of ending the conversation. Lengthening it would mean something else and he didn't want that.

She turned on her heal going to her seat. A few steps away from him she stopped. Looking back at the boy still shocked from what just happened. Did she just tell him off and stand up for me. 'No one has ever done that for me , not even a girl ', he thought. Still dumpfounded he wasn't snapped back to reality by her glare.

"Are you waiting for a invitation to come seat next to me ", he snapped out of it and followed him per her order. He didn't think taht he would be following a girl's order especially not her.

The other kids looked at them. Noises at the back were still there but they sat there in a comfortable silence.

She cleared her voice. She didn't know how to start a conversation to make him comfortable around her.

"You can hang out with me ". She said . Eyes fixed on the buildings outside the window of the bus. "That's if you want to by the way", she finished waiting for his reply.

He was quite for a few seconds. She looked at him. Starring at the seat infront of him. She took that as a no and was a little bit disappointed by that.

"I'd love to hang out with you", his smile was as wide as a Nabraska. "Thank you for standing up for me ", he brought out his hand in a glove. " I'm Tadashi Hamada ", he re-introduced himself.

"Brielle Philips", she answered shaking his hand.

From that day onward they became inseparable. Like twins they would spend each and every single minute of their time at school. From strangers to best friends. They both didn't see it coming. The had the same favourite colours. Both disliked doughnuts. Favourite icecream and one that made Tadashi want to scream in excitement was that she didn't like dolls but loved playing paly station together.

They hoped to finish middle school and go to the same high school. They went to the park on weekends that too when it was close to the lunch hours since it was warmer than the mornings during the winter but time flew and there was no winter so they would go at anytime.

People went out more. They had picnics and small family gatherings in their houses. A lot of families live here beacuse of the peace and quietness. But one thing they love the most was the love rock by the park.

There were myths about how you could find your one true love if you wished so during a full moon. Tadashi and Brielle tied locks on the rock wishing they found the love of their lives one time they were third wheeling for Monika . They knew they were still young for that but they did it anyways.The skipped in happiness. Their parents let them not study today since they would be having a field trip tomorrow.

Saying that they had proper sleep that night would be a pure lie. With their walkie talkies they talked till their eyelids were too heavy to keep open without . The following day they had an incredible energy no one knew that possesed.

As if sensing something the energy they had that morning matched the amount of fun they had. Horse riding and above all they two were huge food lovers so it was sone of the best events of the day. They came back later than they thought they would.

They were exhausted. Before they had even traveled half the journey back home Brielle was already slumbering next to him. That too wih her mouth slightly open. The only lighting her face were the street lights as they passed by them but it was a full moon and tge whole place was lit up. Her tiny bag on her thighs and placed her hands were over there.

Tadashi thought for a second. 'Who could have thought that this girl could become his best friend and the boys not like him'.

He took his hands out of his to entangle it with hers. The moment he connected their he felt a string energy between their hands. As of being struck by lightening or transferring energy . He quickly dropped her hand. A shock of some sort make his hands tingle yet could feel its energy. It was strange. Something he never felt before.