"For starters, I'm human? Wouldn't the people of Elenoir complain that they're being represented by a human?" Arthur argued.

"Hahaha," Virion chuckled. "I seem to remember having a similar argument with you when I asked you to become my disciple. Will people complain? Once it's known that you were my disciple most will be silenced. As for those that know about the Artifact, to hell with them. None of them have a candidate that could defeat you in a duel anyways."

"And what about the Glayders? I doubt they'll be thrilled to see a human choosing to serve Elenoir."

"Ha, I have no doubt they'll have a problem with it, but it's not like there's anything they can do about it." Virion then leaned forward with a confident grin. "Besides, I have a feeling you would have turned them down if they asked you to be their lance anyways."

Arthur smiled as he shook his head. "That old man's way too smart."

"Ok, I'll be a Lance of Elenoir." Virion had a triumphant look on his face. "However, I do have some conditions," Arthur added.

Virion's expression changed to that of curiosity. "I don't think any of the Lances ever had conditions to take the position."

"I doubt any of them were fourteen years old, or had my level of potential," Arthur replied with an innocent smile.

"Hahaha, cocky brat. Ok, what are your terms?"

"First off, for the time being I would like the fact that I've become a Lance not to be released. I doubt it would gain much confidence from anyone if one of the lances was still a student." Virion nodded, understanding Arthur's point, and gestured for him to continue. "I won't be using the artifact just yet." Virion was now confused, and his expression showed it. "I want to see if I can reach a white core on my own. With that said I'm putting stipulations on myself, I have until I graduate, or if you need me to have white core sooner. And as soon as I gain a white core, feel free to announce me as lance to the entire continent."

"Ok, deal," Virion replied with a proud smile. "Now why don't you go out there and spend some time with my granddaughter. She's only here until the day after tomorrow, then Cynthia wants her back for further training."

Arthur smiled and walked Virion back to his carriage, before heading to the backyard. As Virion rode away, he looked back at his former disciple, and a pained expression formed on his face as he remembered this last little bit of time he bought him to be with his loved ones, was all Arthur was going to get for a long time.

—————————————————————

The night Tess arrived was also the night Arthur took her out on their second date. He decided on dinner and dancing, since he figured Tess would enjoy them being so close.

As they arrived at the school Curtis was waiting out front, and saw Arthur through the window, telling him Lilia was also arriving. As the coachman moved to open the door, Curtis walked up and waited with a bouquet of colorful summer flowers, not wanting to over do it with roses. As the door opened, much to Curtis' disappointment, Arthur came out first.

"Awww, Curtis they're beautiful," Arthur teased as he stepped out. "You really shouldn't have," Arthur continued as he reached out for them, fighting with all his might not to bust out laughing at his own behavior.

"Good thing I didn't," Curtis replied as he walked right past him, and held them up to Lilia as she stepped out. "For you, my beautiful flower."

Lilia accepted the flowers and smelled them. "Thank you Curtis, they're beautiful," Lilia replied with a loving smile. She then got up on her tiptoes as Curtis leaned down and the two shared a sweet kiss, leaving every other girl watching, seeing red.