"I'm happy to see you too," Arthur said with a bright blush after they broke the kiss.

The sound of someone clearing their throat broke their eyes from each other, and back to the carriage.

"Well," Virion started with a mischievous smirk on his face. "This sight alone made this trip all worth it for me."

"Hello Gramps, come to give me threats? Break Tess' heart and you'll cover me in boiling tar and beat me with a cactus?" Arthur greeted with an amused smile.

"Arthur, at this point I shouldn't have to give that threat, you know it's already there. And now that you're at the light silver stage," a dark smile formed onto the old elf's face. "Trust me the consequences would have to be far more severe than that."

The two laughed like old friends, as Virion gave Arthur a fatherly hug. "Good to see you again brat." The hug was broken and the smile on Virions face left, as a more serious expression formed. "But I do have a matter to discuss with you. In private."

Tess was a little disappointed that Arthur had to have a private meeting with her grandfather, but accepted it and went to the back to spend some time with the others. She did consider the possibility that since she and Arthur were dating now that her grandfather was arranging their marriage. Seeing as he was the eldest member of the family, his approval was absolutely necessary. She however ruled that out, as that would be a discussion that would require his parents. She then considered it again as her grandfather might have been wanting to make sure Arthur was willing before talking to his parents. She giggled to herself as she went back and forth about this theory, and wondering what kind of marriage customs humans had.

Arthur and Elder Virion were sitting at the dining room table across from one another, each with a cup of tea in front of them, and with the doors closed. Another room like Vincent's office probably would have been more appropriate, but Arthur didn't feel comfortable using it, and this was the only room with seating where there were doors.

Arthur picked up his cup and took a sip of his tea. "So Elder Virion, what matter is it that you wished to discuss?" He asked as he put his cup back on the table.

"What, no Gramps?" Virion asked as he picked up his own cup.

"Whatever it is that you want to speak about seemed serious, so I'm merely responding in kind," Arthur replied, giving off the aura of a king.

"Haha," Virion chuckled as he picked up on this. "You'll definitely be able to handle things when my son steps down."

Arthur knew exactly what he meant, but chose not to indulge the old man and kept a serious expression as he sipped his tea again, but the slight blush on his cheeks betrayed him.

Satisfied, Virion pulled out a small wooden box and slid it to Arthur. "Open it, and tell me what you think."

Arthur took the box and opened it, revealing a black coin with complex engraving that was about the size of his palm.

"I'm guessing it's an artifact, but it doesn't look like something Gideon made," Arthur said as he looked over the artifact without touching it.

"That is one of the artifacts used to bring the Lances to their white core stage," Virion explained, before a smile came to his face. "And it will bring you there too, if you accept it."

Arthur immediately remembered Lance Aya's words about Virion waiting on him to become strong enough.

"You want me, to become one of Elenoir's lances?" Arthur questioned.

"Is that such an absurd idea? You are nearly fourteen years old and already at the light silver stage. Why wouldn't I want you as a lance?" Virion replied, proud of how far his first and only disciple has come.