11

They couldn't do a lot to help, only washing up the blood and putting gauze on Jeongin's cheekbones where they were cut up the most.

Two policemen showed up a few minutes later as they gave the kid some ice for his many, many bruises. Minho let them in, the others staying in their seats.

"Do you know who the attacker was?"

"Song Kyunghee. He's my ex-boyfriend." Jeongin was trembling; being in the presence of officers wasn't exactly peaceful.

"Has this happened before?"

"Yes, about two years ago while I was still together with him. He was arrested after that, but got out a few months after it happened."

"Do you have a restraining order on him?"

"No, I never got one."

"I suggest you do that quickly. What was the story behind this? Had he contacted you before or threatened you?"

"He began texting me again a few weeks ago, and we had a few conversations after that. Felix, my current boyfriend, told me it wasn't a good idea to text him, so I tried to quit because I knew he was right. I told Kyunghee that we should stop messaging and he didn't respond. About... fifteen minutes later, he showed up to my house. I opened the door and he just started hitting me. He threw me into the wall and just... punched me repeatedly. After he was finished, he left, and I think he stole my phone, but I'm not sure. Finally, I decided to come here to try and find Felix or someone to help me."

"Where is your house? Do you live with parents?"

"Uh, no. It's rented. I live by myself, but Felix stays with me a lot and my parents are paying for it. It's a ten minute drive from here."

"And how old are you?"

"Twenty."

"Who called us? And who's apartment is this?"

Minho raises his hand. "I called you guys about two minutes after Jeongin showed up. This is my apartment."

"What's your name?"

"Lee Minho."

"Alright. Thank you. Which of you is the current boyfriend?"

"I am. Lee Felix," Felix answers, his arms crossed.

"Where were you at the time of the attack?"

"I was here. I've been here since ten this morning."

"Can we take you two back to the place of the attack? We need as much evidence as we can get. We can try and track your phone, too, to possibly see where his whereabouts are."

"Yes, I'll give you the address."

The four of them stand. "Do either of you drive?"

"I do. My car is here," Felix responds.

"We'll follow you two back to the house, if that's alright. You," he looks at Jeongin, "should stay out of the house while alone until we're able to get him into custody. Do you have a place to stay?"

"He'll be staying with me."

"Okay. That's a wrap for now. We'll meet you at the house."

"Thank you, officers."

The two leave, kind of making Jeongin and Felix rush to say goodbye.

"Thank you, Minho. For everything. We'll update you guys later."

"Of course. Be careful. And Jeongin? Don't pull that shit again, you hear me?" Minho demands like a father.

"Yes, hyung. Thank you, too. For cleaning me up and helping."

"Always. See you guys later."