7

Changbin let his words sink in, millions of thoughts processing. He was right. He was vulnerable. If he went home, there's no doubt he'd give in because he was tired.

"What did you mean when you said, 'I know how you are'?"

"You're a forgiving person, especially when it comes to someone you don't want to lose. You don't realize that sometimes people need to lose someone in order to become better. I'm not saying you should lose Chan, he's my friend and I love him, but he messed up."

"Yeah..." Changbin looks down at the sheets. "I am too forgiving. I know. That's how I've ended up in those other situations. I refused to let go."

"But I'm here, man. I won't let you do that anymore. No more dumb decisions that you could've easily avoided. No more bad people being kept because you've had good memories. You got that?"

"I do. Thank you. That made me feel a lot better. I'll work on being better at... that. I'll go back to the couch-"

"It's okay, just stay here. I don't mind."

"You're not going to kill me, are you?"

"Not unless you give me a reason to."

"Goodnight, Minho."

"Goodnight, Changbin."

-

"Changbin, do you want breakfast?"

"You cook?" He grumbles, rubbing his tired face so he could finally wake up.

"A lot, yeah. Yes or no? I'm willing to let you starve if you don't answer me."

"No, I'm okay."

"Too bad, you're eating."

"Wha-"

"You need food. You're sad. You need to take care of yourself because I won't always be here. Eggs or pancakes?"

"As long as they're not too buttery like Felix's, pancakes."

"Okay. Your clothes are done in the dryer, by the way. Change and then come to the kitchen and sit with me."

"Okay."

Minho turns, but then stops. He faces Changbin again and comes over to sit on the edge of the bed. He brushes some hair out of the younger's face, realizing maybe he should make sure he won't breakdown in front of his pancakes.

"How are you doing?"

Changbin shrugs, finally sitting up. He plays with his fingers in his lap. "I don't know if I can talk to him, Min. I'm scared I'll forgive him too easily."

"Don't worry," Minho reassures, "you won't. Especially if you're being worried about doing it. And if you need me, you can call me."

The younger nods. "Thank you. For everything, I mean. I don't know what I would've done without you. I'd probably still be sleeping in the park, getting hypothermia."

"I'll always be here for you. So will the other guys. Don't think you can't come to any of us. We all love you a lot-"

There's a pounding at the door, both of them pausing. They look at one another; Changbin fearful of who it could really be.

"Do you know who that is?"

"I have no clue. Get dressed and come out."

-

Changbin pulls his t-shirt over his head, fixing it until it feels right. He runs his hands through his hair, staring at himself in the bathroom mirror. It'll be okay. Just like Minho said.

He walks out to the kitchen, hesitating with every step. He peeks his head over the corner, looking at the person.

"Hyunjin? What are you doing here?"