Chapter Eight

Akalei

The Light of the Past

When the whole family was taken and arrested we took all the nobles back to the palace. All the injured were taken for care and the families were given places to rest while they waited for their loved ones.
I was escorted back to my room and this time Alaric was to always stay with me. When I bathed I had handmaidens blocking me from his view so I can feel at ease.
When I was cleaned and dressed I was given new gloves and I requested that the small girl and her family were to be brought to me.

When they came I saw the little girl run in and smile at me.

"I'm not permitted to hug or touch anyone. But I'm glad you are doing better." I smiled
"Thank you Princess, we are grateful that you checked on us personally. And we are forever in your debt for saving our youngest daughter Krista. If you have a request our family is at your service." Lord Bennett spoke
"Thank you Lord Bennett, but I do have a question. Do you have any sons or daughters my age? I'm looking for some nobles to invite for tea someday before my ball and birthday." I smiled
"We have a son but we are informed that you are not looking for suitors. Unless you are talking about something entirely different your highness." His wife spoke up
"It's not just for me, it's something I have to do. But if you can spread the word I would be grateful. And I would like if your youngest daughter come study with me a few times a month." I explained
"We would absolutely allow her to come Princess. Thank you for your favour."
"Thank you for coming to meet me and I'm glad you are all doing better now." I bowed as did they on their way out.

When they all left I sent out my handmaidens, I was ready for rest but I couldn't help but want to know more.

Alaric, I think it's time we talk more. I know it was my idea to officially announce our engagement soon but I want to know more about you and my home.

Of course Princess. Did you want me to explain, or project?

The projection would be faster. But when did you think it would be best to announce it?

I think you should wait until after your birthday, it would be best to know your kingdom before committing to it in marriage.

How long is your projection? Would it allow me to rest for the night.

It may be longer than that Princess, but I'll be sure to let them know you are resting well.

From the dark I was watching from the beginning of his memories, he was educated quite well, he was constantly reminded of what he was being taught is what he will teach me when I come home.
My family was blessed with a gift, when my kingdom was born my great great great grandmother had lost her husband due to a war that broke out, she was the first holder of the mind connect. With the grief she held it was as if he came back to her and kissed her eyes when the glowing first started. She opened her eyes to see her husband bid farewell and left her with Mind Connect as his parting gift. She was the first to hold it and the first to hold the purple hue.
The mind connect held the royal bloodline and many other families were blessed with it to produce more heirs for the throne. The Mind Connect enhances; body's natural healing, the minds way of thinking, the foresight of future and past events, the maturity of the holder's mind, empathy for others, and heightened senses.
The mind connect is usually transferred from the husband to the child he sees that can protect the child.  But with what was being shown Alaric was born with it. Instead of my father transferring his mind connect, Alaric was born with glowing eyes. They explained to him that he was the soulmate of the next heir to the crown, and that the soulmates they were born with the natural gift would only produce one heir with the love combined with his soulmate. (Me) Usually the eyes were green though, so it's unexpected.
The eyes represents what type of Mind connect they are,
Green/white eyes had always shown that this person has only a few parts of the Mind Connect. But was the most common when born with them.
Blue/white were an even amount but lacked one. This usually only occurred when it was transferred. Or the royal family would be born with it.
Purple was always unpredictable and rarely occurred.
White only happens when someone is deep within Mind Connect, so while we sleep or when we project to someone else.
It was learned that white gold is the stabilizer that parents hand down to children until they are of age and married to control it.