|chapter 8|

-dottore was working on the ruin hunter. when he finished, they left for liyue harbor-

it had been silent for the past hour. they are almost to the harbor, but they still have 30 minutes of walking left. no one knew what to say, so they just stayed silent. after a couple more minutes, dottore finally decided to say something.

"so.."

"hm?"

"liyue definitely is beautiful"

"yeah, but it probably doesn't match any of the other nations, i've never been out of liyue or mondstadt though.."

"really? i'm surprised. i was sure an experienced adventurer like you would have been to all the nations."

"nope, not me. after a while i was planning on going to inazuma or sumeru. but didn't you say you were from fontaine? is fontaine pretty?"

"well it might be pretty for someone who hasn't been there, but after growing up in fontaine it gets somewhat boring.."

"well what is there to do in fontaine? based on what there is, i might go to fontaine next."

the man thought for a moment. he always had been preoccupied at the academia or doing something at home. he was always too busy to have fun with the recreational activities in fontaine.

"..i've never really thought of anything to do. i was always too busy."

"busy doing what?"

"well, like i said. i studied at an academia for a while. until they kicked me out that is.."

"how do you manage to get kicked out of school?" she asked, sounding half surprised and half angry.

"i always took all of the resources.. and i usually hurt people with the things i made. they called me "a monster" and they kicked me out."

she stood there with crossed arms and an angry frown.

"hey! i didn't mean to hurt them. it was unintentional. until i joined the fatui, then it was intentionally."

she rolled her eyes and kept walking.

anddd silent once again. they could see the harbor in their line of vision. this time y/n decided to say something.

"hey?"

"yes?"

"would you like to accompany me to fontaine? for protection of course... i doubt the fatui would be looking for you there."

"that doesn't sound half bad. how are you better at making escape plans than i am?"

"natural instinct i guess.. anyways we should leave by tomorrow. i heard from an anonymous source that another harbinger is in the harbor. we should also stay clear of that snezhnayan bank. i have full faith that the agents on duty there will tell one of the fatui elites."

"what harbinger? do you know?" he asked, almost sounding panicked.

"i think they called him.... uhm.. tartaglia? the description said he had red hair and a hydro vision."

"of course, number 11 just had to be here.."

"ah, so you know him?"

"of course i do. he's extremely annoying. once we finish our food we have to get out of here immediately."

they were about to start walking when a voice rang out from behind them. dottore sighed.

"ahh long time no see, number 3. how have you been? oh? who's this?"

dottore was thinking, then he finally realized what he could do

"i'm sorry for this [codename].."
"ugh why is no one any help around here? i just asked you for one location."

y/n was confused but quickly caught on
"sir i don't know where you're talking abo-"

dottore cut you off by grabbing your jaw, then he mouthed sorry and handed you a location on a paper. he had the paper prepared incase something like this happened.

"you are of no use to me anymore" he sternly said. then he shoved you to the ground. he turned around and walked over to the other man.

there were horrified onlookers everywhere on the street. you got up and quickly walked off to the location on the paper, it was a restaurant. there was writing on the back of the note. it read "I apologize deeply if i hurt you at all, but it was the only plan i had. i'll make it up to you i swear."

y/n quietly laughed, then sat down to wait for dottore.