|chapter 6|

-y/n introduced herself under [codename] as a precaution-

"my name? umm... just call me dottore. alright?"

"alright dottore." she knew that was also just a code name. all the harbingers went under code names according to her knowledge. the one harbinger that goes by "tartaglia" also had confirmed that knowledge.

dottore looked at y/n "okay [codename], may we make a deal? i have a huge dilemma on my hands. so as you suspected. i'm a harbinger. now you're probably wondering why i'm just easily telling you this. i need your help, direly. the other harbingers are on my case for "conspiracy against the entirety of snezhnaya". i just forgot a couple of very important documents on the ground.. i don't get why they are so mad. they also sound like they are exaggerating.."

y/n was confused by his constant rambling that she lost track halfway through.

"just get to the point."

he stopped talking for a second.

"right right, sorry. so i need you to help me lay low while i get this all sorted out. i'll do anything. do we have a deal?"

y/n thought for a moment. if she said no, that would probably make his mood not so great. but if she said yes how would she even help? she didn't have anything to do, and she hates to admit it. but this man was somewhat 'fun' to be around.

"anything?"

"anything. you just have to help me clean up the mess i made around the plains of liyue, and deter the fatui away from me. got it?"

she reluctantly accepted

"...fine, but one request."

"hm? what is it?"

"while i am in any vicinity of you at anytime. you can't act like a harbinger. drop your maniac act and your harbinger duties."

"but-" the man was quickly cut off by the girl

"no buts, i could easily walk out and leave you here without help."

dottore looked dumbfounded, he was surprised that she had the courage to talk back to someone of his standing.

"i like your cocky attitude. you know i could kill you right here, but that doesn't sway your attitude. we have a deal [codename]."

he stuck his hand out for her to shake, but there was glass shards stuck in his hands from his failed attempt at cleaning the glass up.

y/n quietly laughed then grabbed his pointer finger and shook his hand so she wouldn't get glass stuck in her hand.

"pleasure doing business with you, sir dottore."

"as well, madam [codename]"

(vel is asleep and she's helping me write this so i'm publishing it without her permission😎 but she would probably say something along the lines of "wow.. enemies to friends trope")