Back home (again)

Start from the beginning

I smiled at the letter in my hands. This one the first one George had sent me. The p.s. part worried me though.

"Hello dear" my mom greets as she walks into the kitchen with a coffee.

She must've went to a coffee shop while I was still asleep.

"Hey mom" I say back.

"A letter from Jess?" She asks, motioning to the letter in my hand.

"Nope, I thought it would be from either her or Charlotte, but it's from George" I smile.

"Really? Well that's lovely"

"It is."

Slight time skip :)

September couldn't have come soon enough.

I was beginning to become bored stiff at home.

The day came for me to leave on the train and since I had already packed my trunk a week ago in anticipation, I was ready to go.

"Mom! I'm ready!" I shout and haul my trunk down the stairs.

"Yes sweetie, I know, but the train doesn't leave for another two hours"

"Ughhhh" I groan and plop down on the couch.

Two hours seems to go by slower than the two months I had been home.

Finally we get into the car and drive to King Cross Station.

We go through to platform 9 3/4 and I say a quick goodbye before heading onto the train.

Maggie was sitting with her friends so I went to find a seat with mine.

"Y/N Y/L/N!" Someone shouted for me.

I turn around to see George peaking out of his compartment with a huge grin on his face.

"Hey!" I reply and drag my trunk over to where he was.

"Here let me help you with that" George says grabbing my trunk and putting it up.

"What a gentleman" I joke.

"Anything for a lovely lady such as yourself" he jokes back.

"Get a room" Fred rolls his eyes.

"Hey Fred" I wave.

He turns his head away.

"Cmon, you're not seriously still mad I didn't come and say goodbye."

He stays facing away.

"Well you shouldn't blame me, it was George who took up my time that I could've been saying goodbye to you with" I explain.

Fred gasps and whips his head to George.

"Hey! You weren't opposed to it at the train station" George retaliates.

My face goes red.

"Changing the subject...how was you guys' summer?" I ask, embarrassed.