Drone Alone

It was just another day in the Davenport house

It was just another day in the Davenport house. I was next to Adam watching TV, Chase was reading and Bree was on her whilst Tasha and Davenport were getting ready for their trip to Australia.

"Oh, this is so exciting! I have never been to Australia before."

" Hey, maybe you'll like it so much you won't want to come back!" Eddy quipped up.

" Donald, honey, do you have the plane tickets?"

" Honey, we're taking my fully automated private jet. " He replied. "Plane tickets. Why don't we just slap on a bunch of stamps and mail ourselves there."

"Private jet." She nods in agreement. "That works."

"Score!" I heard Leo and Tasha whisper as they turned to each other.

"Okay, Leo, this is your chance to prove you're responsible enough to stay at home without us."

"Me? What about them?" He gestured to us. "More specifically what about Dawn? " I heard Leo's voice, as he terribly failed to whisper. He shrieked as I said" I heard that."

" They were designed to go on missions and save the world. You were designed to break stuff. Dawn is-" He paused and panicked. "-what we actually need to worry about!"

"Relax Big D, don't worry, I know the rules-- no touchy-touchy your stuffy-stuffy."

" Dawn, I'm serious. There's millions of dollars' worth of technology here. So no goof-ups, no explosions, no fires-- you know what? I'm not going. I'm not going." He concluded. This guy has some serious trust issues.

" Donald, Leo will be responsible. He is a big boy." She turned to Leo. "Sweetie, I left your flame-retardant undies on the dresser."

Bree, Adam and I stood up from the couch. "Mr. Davenport, Leo will be fine. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?"

"Funny you should ask. I've made an actuary chart which covers every possible catastrophe. You have an 82% chance of coming back to a perfectly normal house. " Chase smiled and handed the paper to him "Happy travels."

" Don't worry! Eddy is here to monitor every room in the house. He is like a virtual baby-sitter."

" Yeah, and I virtually care about your kids."

" Big D, I got this. No explosions, no goof-ups, no fires, no floods--" Leo assured him but Donald interuppted him. "Wait. I didn't think about floods."

"Donald, let's go!!!" Tasha groaned.

We said our goodbyes to them as we pushed him out the door. Donald held it and told us" Okay, be careful. There's an inflatable raft in the closet." I pushed him again and we urged him to go.

Once he was gone Adam suggested a party in the lab. Leo looked at him " Did you not hear what Davenport just said? We're supposed to be responsible."

Oh, right. I'll be responsible for the snacks. Leo, Dawn you're responsible for blowing up that raft! " They cheered and they made their way to the lab " Whoo-hoo! Party in the lab!"