~°~ jongho ~°~ [3]

part 3: return

those three days he promised her dad passed by so fast, he couldn't believe it.

today was the third day and he actually forgot who he was. a prince. he had so much fun with areum and her family, he felt home.

and yet, he didn't miss his brothers.

her parents really liked this boy and secretly wanted him to become their son in law.
they really wanted him in the family. they saw a bright future in him.

but as the day arrived where he needs to leave, he packed all his stuff together and got mijeom ready for their trip back home.

areum came to him, giving him the last thing her mother prepared for him. a meal.

"do you really have to go?", she asked sadly, looking into his eyes. it broke his heart to say it but he nodded.

"yes, i have a duty to fulfil."

"will- will i see you again?", she didn't want to think of it. those two became really close within the past three days and it was an obvious lie, would she tell him she didn't grow feelings for him.

"honestly... i don't know. but i'll try to come back.", he said as he took her hands and looked into her teary eyes.

he pulled her into a last hug before he went to her parents and said goodbye. no one wanted him to leave. he neither.

but he knew that his brothers need him.

"darling? what day is today? shouldn't the soldiers be already here to take the taxes?", her mother asked her husband when jongho turned around to finally go home.

"nah! it's the 15th they'll come in two days.", he answered.

jongho stopped. 15th? today? wasn't it the 14th? his brothers birthday was tomorrow... right?

fast he turned around. "the 15th?!"
everyone was looking at him shocked.

"yeah, look the calendar says 15th.", he stared at the paper the woman hold in front of him.

"SHIT. i really need to go, thank you for the great time and all. i seriously feel honoured for that kind treat. i'll get you something in return!", he said while he ran to mijeom, swang on her back and left the court within seconds.

"what happend to him?", areums dad asked really confused.

"i don't know. but i can't believe that he is just from a simple family as ours. his manners are great and did you see how easy he got on this well maintained horse? his family must be wealthy.", her mother suddenly thought.
------

jongho was rushing home while the family got back to their work. his mind went blank.

the only thing in he could think of were his brothers and their aunt. he remembered that wooyoung told him to be back within longest three days but he was gone five.

they needed to find someone, their brother could marry. damn it. how could he forget that?

everyone he passed, was complaining that he should be careful and look for the people around him, that he isn't the only one alive here.

mijeom gave her best and as soon as the castle was seen, he told her that she did great. "we're almost home."

------

mijeoms hooves pounding when he arrived. wooyoung who was near the stables was looking at him with big eyes. "yah! you're late!"

jongho who spotted yeosang in front of the garden with a girl, he saw just once before, went towards them.

"I AM SO SORRY, I FORGOT THE TIME.", jongho screamed as mijeom galloped on the court. jumping from her back to go to his brother as soon as she stood still.

"what did i miss and when is the marriage?", he asked pretty confused but smiling wildly when he saw his brother so close with a servant.

yeosang was laughing at the youngest. "not a lot, but i guess you have to tell us a lot, too. and that's sora, the future queen of our kingdom."

with a bow jongho introduced himself to his brothers fiancé.

"great news for a better and bright future."