Trading places/ melo

Trading Places

(Enjoy!)

2:30 AM.

Where in the hell is this girl, Melo thought to himself. You'd been going out for the past two weeks and coming home all hours of the night. He wouldn't have been so worried about you if you'd text him back and let him know that you're OK. He heard the key being put into the door and stood up to greet you.

"Where in the hell have you been?"

"Out," you shrugged.

"So you couldn't pick up a phone and call me? I've been worried about you."

"I was out and fine, clearly."

"Nah you not fine. Clearly you've lost your mind."

"Are you calling me stupid."

"No I'm calling you careless. How can you not think to tell me that you are going out and then stay out until daylight?"

"It's still dark out. Please don't start up with me. I'm home I'm safe let's go to bed."

Melo shook his head and walked down the hall. You didn't get it and that's the part the frustrated him the most.

_______

"Going out again tonight huh?"

"Yup," you smiled as he watched you through the mirror.

"How late will you be out tonight?"

"I'm not sure LaMelo. Why don't you come out with me?"

"Nah. I'd prefer if you stayed home and watched movies with me."

"Well that's not going to happen so I guess you'll be waiting up for me."

"Are you cheating on me?"

"Why would you ask a dumb ass question like that?"

"You are always out and never home. What am I supposed to think?"

"That I don't wanna be up under you all the time," you huffed as you brushed past him.

________

When you came home, you noticed your things sitting in the hallway.

"I know this boy did not put me out."

Attempting to open the door with your key, you realized it didn't work.

"LaMelo let me in."

"You can go to wherever you were before you decided to come home. You can't keep disrespecting me thinking it's ok."

"We can talk about this when I'm inside of the apartment."

You waited for what felt like years before Melo opened the door.

"Talk."

"We can't go inside?"

"That depends on how this conversation goes."

"I'm sorry OK. I just wanted to have a little fun outside of my man."

"And there is nothing wrong with that. What I had a problem with was you acting as if I didn't deserve the common decency of knowing where my girlfriend was."

You bit your lip and looked into his eyes.

"Melo I'm sorry. Please believe me."

He looked down at your shaking hands before he smiled and took your small hands into his large ones.

"I love you y/n."

"I know and I love you too. I promise to always take your feelings into consideration."

"That's all I asked for baby."

You smashed your lips onto his and marveled at how forgiving he was, you couldn't and wouldn't mess this up. Ever.

Originally written by: melo 1-b