Prom queen ~ Demetri

Oneshot where reader gets voted for homecoming queen and acts like everything is always ok, but Demetri knows she's not okay.

Sad and I guess kind of fluff

Based on the song 'Homecoming Queen' by Kelsea Ballerini.

∆≠≠≠========================≠≠≠∆

2 days. Just two more days before prom. I know prom queen will either be me or Sam Larusso.

I've worked hard to keep my image up. I never let anyone in. I never tell anyone my secrets or anything about my life. Just keep it all concealed. A woman is supposed to always keep herself composed.

That's what my mom says. 'Even if you are dying on the inside, keep it flawless on the outside.' We've lived by that for years. Ever since my dad left. My mom got with someone else who has, on multiple occasions, hit the both of us. Concealer really is a wonderful contraption.

Last night was one of the worst. I almost couldn't hide the bruises with concealer. My mom couldn't. That's why she hasn't left the house today.

Flashback to last night

🎶But when he loves me I feel like I'm-" I sing along to music before hearing muffled yelling.

I take off my earbuds, already knowing what's happening. I stand up and walks towards my door.

"Do you want another one bitch?!" I open my door quickly.

"Leave her alone!" I call to them through their open door from my spot by my door. He turns to me while my mom starts to tremble.

"Y/N go back in your room! Go now!" I don't listen to her.

"The fuck did you say little bitch?!" I feel myself want to tremble but I hide it.

"I said leave her alone!" I spit out. He laughs humorously. He points his finger at me.

"You're getting as brave as your mother. You wanna know what that bravery got her?" He motions to my mom standing wearily behind him. "This is what it got her." I don't back down.

"I'm not scared of you!" I choke out. He chuckles before walking towards me. My mom following him. I look at the ground as he comes closer. He grabs my chin and turns my face up to him harshly and painfully.

"You should be you little lying bitch!" He tightens his grip on my chin, causing me let out a whimper of pain. He starts to lift me slightly off the ground. My mom stands behind him, trying to stop him.

"Just leave her alone!" She yells. She hits at his arm, attempting to loosen his grip. He moves his other arm back and hits her harshly across the face.

He turns back to me.

"Here's what's gonna happen. Your gonna go back in your room and do whatever the fuck it is you do. And I'm gonna be in my room, fucking your mother. Do you understand me?" I don't say anything. I just glare at him. He slaps me hard across the face.

"I said, do you understand me?" He asks again through gritted teeth. I nod weakly. He drops me down and drags my mom back to their room before slamming the door.

I walk inside my room and shut the door. I try to compose myself before sliding down the door and completely losing control of my body. I break out into sobs.

"How could you leave dad?!" I choke out through the sobs. I burry my face into my knees.

"I hate you."