It's Okay ~ Tory Nichols

pairings: Tory Nichols and reader

summary: Tory and the reader's relationship gets a little rocky and doesn't end the way they hoped

warnings: Angst and some really sad shit

I was on my way to Tory's house. Tory is my girlfriend. We've been dating for about 2 years now.

We've told each other we love each other. We usually spend a lot of time together. But lately out relationship has been a little rocky.

Which is exactly why I'm terrified as to why she desperately needs to talk to me.

We had a big fight a couple of weeks ago too. I didn't know what was going on.

Flashback

I was sitting at a restaurant with the rest of Cobra Kai. We were celebrating our win at the All Valley. Miguel is now a 2 time raining champ. So I didn't think much of it at first when Tory kept sitting closer to him and hugging him a lot. And laughing at almost everything he said.

I tried to ignore it, but eventually I couldn't. I tap my best friend's shoulder. Who just so happens to be Hawk.

I motion for him to follow me away from the group. We walk away from the group. After we are out of earshot I start talking.

"Does it look like Tory likes Miguel?" I ask.

Hawk turns around to look. He turns back to me with a slightly sad look on his face.

"Tory loves you." He tells me.

"That doesn't answer my question." I tell him. He turns back around.

Tory now has her arm around Miguel. Hawk turns back to me.

"I'm sure there's a logical explanation. I mean you and Tory are so happy together." He tells me.

" We were." He looks at me confused.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Our relationship has been Rocky the last few weeks. I didn't think much of it at first. I just thought maybe her mom is doing worse so she doesn't want to talk much. But.. now I'm thinking maybe it's that she's just starting to like me less and less." I confess. Hawk looks at me with sad eyes.

" She didn't invite you that day?" He finally asks me. It's my turn to look confused.

"What day?" I ask.

"The other day Tory, Miguel, Moon, and I came to this restaurant. It was supposed to be a triple date. Me and Moon, Sam and Miguel, and You and Tory. Sam and Miguel broke up before the actual date could happen. When Miguel told us that, Tory said that you couldn't go because you felt sick. We decided to go ahead and go with just the 4 of us. She never asked you to go?" He asks again. I look at him and shake my head.

"She never said a single thing about a triple date. I've been trying to get us a date night for about a week, but there's always another excuse. What day was that?"

"Wednesday. I think." He tells me. I scoff.

" I asked if we could go on a date that night but she said she had to work another shift." I shake my head and walk over to Tory.

" Can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask. Trying to keep my composure as best as possible. She looks at me confused but nods anyway.

I walk outside and wait for her.

"Why did you lie to me about your 'extra shift' on Wednesday?"

" What? I didn't. Who told you that?"

"Hawk. Apparently on Wednesday, Moon, Miguel, him, and you all hung out at Applebee's. Apparently I was supposed to come. And apparently you lied to them and said that I felt sick that night. You know I tried to set up a date that night. But I guess Miguel is more important!" She looks at me. I can tell she's mad.

"It's not just about you and Miguel Y/N!" She yells at me.

" Great! Then tell me what it is about!" I yell back.

"You're so caught up in your own world you can't even take a second to look at everything around you! You don't care about anyone but yourself!" She yells at me.

" I don't care about anyone?? I thought you were being distant because of your mom! I didn't pry! I respected that you needed a little while. Which I'm suddenly regretting because apparently it wasn't your mom the entire time! Just Miguel! 2 time All Valley champ Miguel! Ofc! How could I be so stupid?!"

" I'm done with this conversation Y/N. Why don't you let me know when you're done being selfish!" She tells me as she walks back into the restaurant.

I stand there for a few seconds and watch her walk to the group. She smiles and sits back down next to Miguel.

I feel a tear fall down my cheek and wipe it away. She's just mad. It'll all be over. I tell myself.

Flashback ends

Now I'm not so sure she was just mad. Maybe I was right. Maybe she does like Miguel.

I reach her apartment and she opens the door. I immediately notice how red and puffy her eyes are.

"Omg! Are you ok?" I ask as she walks outside.

"Y/N... I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I didn't realize it sooner." I feel tears start to form in my eyes.

"Realize what sooner? And tell me the truth. Speak to me Tory" I tell her. She looks up to me. I can see how much pain she's in. Telling me whatever she's about to tell me.

"I like Miguel. A lot. I still love you. I really do.. but-"

" But." I repeat.

" I'm starting to like Miguel more." She confesses.

" More than a little or more than me." I ask. Already knowing the answer. She looks me in the eyes.

"You already know the answer to that Y/N." I nod my head and look down.

" I'm sorry." She says again.

I look back up to her. I take in her features one last time. Her perfect Hazel eyes. Her long blonde hair. I remember the way she moves. They way she fights. I take in her voice. Her voice the night she told me she loved me. I remember her personality. How angry she can get. I used to be the only person who could calm her down. Now that role will be passed to someone else. No. I refuse to believe it.

"It's Okay." I finally tell her. She looks up at me in shock.

"It's okay." I repeat. "Because I know this isn't the end. I know some day I'll be with you again. I was scared this was going to end soon. I tried to prepare myself for it, but I could never prepare for this. I can't believe I'm about to lose you. You mean everything to me. I'm about to lose everything."

" Don't say that Y/N." She tells me.

" I just.. I don't want to say goodbye." I tell her.

"Then don't. How about a See you later alligator." I smile through the tears. How I managed to talk without stuttering I'll never know.

"After a while, crocodile." I tell her. I take one more second. Just one more, to take in everything about her. Before walking away.

That moment, turning around and walking away, is the worst moment of my life. I actually lost her. But it'll be okay. I have to get her back one day. Right? I don't know for sure if I'll ever get her back. But all I know, is that my love has gone away.

∆ -------------------∆

A/N Heyy. So that's the end of this. I tried. Hopefully I did pretty good. Just let me know.