P R O L O G U E

A black cloaked figure bows below the dais of a mangled throne. "My King", they greet reverently, "You've requested for me?". A pure being sits atop it, his stained hand carefully playing with the dime-sized light floating above his palm. He stares intently into the object, the small bright orb looking so incredibly enticing to any creature; a Star floating above his hand.

It was a powerful object, one that could make a dark being into a God, or even resurrect the dead, hadn't it been such a stupid decision to make one.

The High King frowns, looking grim on his handsome face. "The souls..." He says as the cloaked figure shakes their head. "I've been trying to locate them, but it seems that someone has forged them into something else. The Divinity must've slipped into my domain while I was out on Earth." They bowed again. "Rest assured that this transgression will never happen again."

The High King stands up from his throne, the Star in his palm still twinkling daintily. He raised it above and all that was heard were the screams of the damned evil. Through the many hallways, there were some who dared to come closer. Undead corpses crawled on the floor, some were still fresh with the stench of death. "Have...mercy...Father of darkness...feed us!"

The cloaked figure glares at the creatures, darkly muttering "Annoying" as they snap their fingers. All sounds ceased and the hall was silent once more. Not a single sound remained as the dead carcasses of evil creatures strewn the throne room, unmoving and slowly fading into ash.

The cloaked figure hears the voice of the High King, gentle yet held an underlying threat. "I know you have your own priorities, and I will not stop you." He says with full honesty, "But I want this mistake to be dealt with. Accordingly." The cloaked figure rises, "At once, your Majesty." The figure brings out something with their right hand and immediately throws it at the head of the High King. The being immediately dodged it and saw a dark crystal stabbed cleanly through the throne. He eyes the agent beneath him and sees their darkened, outstretched hand.

The High King removes it with ease. "Do you think this a game?" He asked pleasantly, as if the agent hadn't just made an attempt on his life. The figure bows, "I dare not." It was tense as the High King threw back the crystal at the figure who caught it with their left. The crystal suddenly cracked and bursted into nothing more than little glimmers.

The High King states, almost boredly. "Do better. That was an insulting attempt." The cloaked figure stills and near-glares at the powerful creature but chooses to keep their silence. "As you've said. And the Divinity who made the Star?" The High King sits on his throne once more. "Once found, bring them to me for punishment."