Chapter 27

Seraphina Amor

Everything between the time Harry had gotten the call that Pete - the man who Wyatt and Leon were getting the security footage from - was one of the men in the picture was nothing but a blur.

The time consisted of much rushed movements and hurried routines that led us out the door and towards Harry's car. I hadn't thought I could ever get ready as fast I had, but it seemed that I had proven myself wrong as I had gotten ready in under ten minutes.

Though, maybe I shouldn't give myself so much credit considering all I really needed to do was change and put on some light makeup.

That part was probably the most time consuming, much to my surprise.

As I had thought before, it seemed that my assumption that Harry did in fact like leaving marks was correct as there were bruises under my jaw and on the junction between my neck and collarbone. They were light at the moment, easy to hide, but within a few hours they would darken and would stand out on my skin.

It had taken more time than I would have cared to admit to cover them up, unsure of how to approach it. I was never one to hide something as inconvenient as a hickey but considering who the person who gave it to me was, and the people we were going to be seeing, I didn't want to take any chances of embarrassment or speculation.

Harry, however, didn't seem to have the same mindset as me.

"You seriously didn't try to at least hide them?"

"No, why would I do that?"

I looked at him, completely baffled as we got into his car, my eyes immediately drawn to his neck and the newly placed bruise on the curve of his jaw. It's starting to darken in color and although I'm slightly embarrassed at the fact he's flaunting it so carelessly, I can't help but feel a little smug at the fact I was the one who did that.

"Aren't you worried what Wyatt and Leon might think?"

Harry furrows his brows as he stares at me from his seat, his lips pressed into a confused pout.

"Not really," he shrugs, "why? Are you worried what they might think?"

I bite the inside of my lip in contemplation as I looked at Harry, fingers subconsciously touching where I covered the marks he had given me.

Truth being told, I was a little worried. There was that crushing feeling of what the two of them would think because to their knowledge nothing was going on between Harry and I. At least up until now.

And I know for a fact Leon would try and get something out of me.

"I don't know," I mumble gently as I pull the seatbelt across my torso, buckling it in carefully. "I mean, what if they say something?"

"They won't," Harry reassures dismissively, copying my movements of doing his seatbelt.

I sigh deeply, not really believing him considering I was pretty good at understanding people. Wyatt most likely wasn't going to say anything, he was too reserved to really point something like that out.

Leon was a whole other story.

I already know that the second he spots one of those little bruises on Harry's neck he's going to make a whole big deal. He tended to blow things out of proportion and I wasn't really in the mood to be the center of attention in his source of drama and entertainment.

"Do you regret it?"

Harry's voice cuts through the silence of the car like a blade, the words hanging heavily above us.