Chapter 8

Seraphina Amor

"What did you say you were again?"

"I'm a stripper!"

"Oh, cool!"

I was absolutely plastered. My mind couldn't tell me which direction was up or down and left or right.

All I knew was that I had a lot to drink. Before I had parted from Harry and Leon, the three of us shared at least three rounds of shots. The worst part about this whole ordeal was that I was actually having fun. I mean, genuinely having fun.

Mila, the girl I had been dancing with for the past three songs, had convinced me to do a round of shots with her. So, it's by far safe to say that I had no clue how much alcohol was in my system.

"Yeah, I needed a way to get money to pay for college!" she yells over the music, her tight curls bouncing on her shoulders. Her lips were painted a deep red color, matching the color of her dress.

"You do you! I'm not going to judge, don't worry!"

She sends me a smile, grabbing my arm and twirling me around. We both let out drunken giggles as my body knocks gently into hers when I stumble out of the turn.

"You're really pretty," I say, my words slurring together. Mila grins down at me, her brown eyes twinkling in the lights of the club.

"Thanks. So are you," she replies kindly and my cheeks heat up at the compliment. I press my hands onto her shoulders to steady myself from toppling over.

"Holy fuck, your skin is really soft." Gently, my hands caress her shoulder, feeling the silky smooth skin beneath my fingertips.

"I use a lot of moisturizer," she shouts, another giggle slipping past her lips. I look up at her through my lashes, giving her a grin.

"Please give me the name of it."

Mila shakes her head at me before her eyes advert to over my shoulders.

"Shit, my friends are leaving." Her lips turn into a pout as she looks down at me. "Are you going to be alright?"

I smile at her, staring at her through droopy eyes. "I'll be fine. My friends are over there somewhere." My hand waves in the general direction of where Leon and Harry were, hoping they were still where I left them before.

"It was really nice meeting you, Seraphina," Mila says to me, removing her hold on my arms.

"You too."

She sends me one last smile before stepping away from me and to the direction where her friends were heading. Looking over her shoulder, she sends me a final wave goodbye which I return.

Sighing to myself, I turn back around to the dance floor, scanning the overflowing crowd for the only two familiar faces that I know. At the bar, I see the head of bouncy curls talking enthusiastically to the bartender. Shoving my way through the crowd, I manage to stumble over to the free stool next to Leon.

As I slump down into the seat, his head turns over to face me and as it registers to him who I was, a bright smile takes home on his face.

"Seraphina! You certainly look like you're having fun," Leon exclaims, throwing his arm over my shoulder, pulling me and the seat closer to him.

Catching a whiff of his breath, it's laced with a strong sense of alcohol; not that mine is probably any better.

"I'm having the time of my life," I mutter, scanning over the choices of liquor.

Lingering in the back of my mind, there was the feeling I was supposed to be doing something. More specifically, looking for someone. But in the hazy state of my brain, I couldn't seem to figure out what it was.