Lethal Lovers | Jean x Reader

Start from the beginning

It was deep, nearly 4 feet in height and ten feet long, extending nearly 15 feet back. The area was spacious and a miracle, at the least. You crawled inside, seeing the view from the inside. Resting your head as far up as it could, you could see the ground and river and very little after that but from the angle you would be able to see the feet and ankles of anyone who came, atleast.

That thought was releaving. This den would serve as perfect shelter. Not only was it hidden, but it was a good size and the ground would help heat it as well as the river being in sight. Shelter, food, water- all of it was supplied for you in the same area. You couldn't have been luckier.

The rest of the day you spent setting up your 'home', bringing in and setting things up to help. You hadn't checked you bag before now, choosing to do so to take inventory and figure out what was needed.

A small pot, rope about 20 feet long, 4 knives, a water bottle, black cloth, thin string -thank god-, and a small med kit.

The contents of the bag couldn't be better, your luck surprisingly good and scarily helpful. After that you packed everything up but the string and knives, going outside and finding a stick carefully without making much disturbance before returning back to the den and starting to conduct the best fishing line possible, the only ingredient missing being bait.

You had just finished wrapping the line when a thought came to you. Hide would make nights much more pleasant. It's be warmer and more comfortable than stone or leaves. Though you knew you probably couldn't kill anything exceptionally big, with a good trap maybe you could get something a little smaller and possible combine as set of small ones to form a larger object.

The sun had barely reached around the 10 o'clock mark when you set out, leaving everything but the knives in the hole. You left, remembering the direction you went, and trekked carefully into the forest. Though playing 'survival' was fun, there were people trying to kill you. Death could be around you at all times and you wouldn't know until it was too late.

Maybe an hour had passed for seeing nothing before you came upon a deer, it's body strong and tall. You knew the likelihood of killing it was slim, your only weapon being 4 knives in you belt loops. Instead you looked at if for a second, admiring what seemed to be a small ray of hope despite your knowledge of its technology fabricated existence.

You had only glanced at it for a moment before it froze, it whole body being tensed before it dropped. It fell towards you, an arrow sticking out of the other side.

You didn't contemplate it, not even for a moment, before you took off. You darted through the forest, hearing footsteps thunder behind you. You held back tears as you pushed faster, willing your body to help you survive. You were vaguely aware that this was life or death. This could be the end.

Your body was slammed into from behind, being thrown to the ground as the person above you breathed in heavy breaths. You tried to draw the knives from your waist, hoping to use them in defense. They'd be useless if the person had a bow though, which was likely with the arrow in the deer. Still, you had to do something and with the person pinning you down, you were desperate.

"Dammit Y/n. I said stop. It's just me."

You knew that voice. Turning your head it the side you were able to slightly see you captor as he huffed, getting off you.

"Jean?"

"Yeah who else?" he grumbled.

"Y-your here."

"No, i'm a ghost. Of course i'm here!" he remarked sarcastically.

"What are you doing here?" you asked.

"I was chasing after you, idiot. I shot the deer and then saw you ran. So I chased you."

"Why?"

"Why?" he breathed.

"Are you gonna..." your voice fell.

"Kill you? No. I didn't come here or ever want to kill you. I was kind of looking for you actually. I was hoping you were still okay." he said, mumbling the last part with a hint of blush on his cheeks.

"Oh."

"So where were you running to?" He asked, looking around.

"Over there actually." You pointed just past the tree line to the tree your den laid under.

"There? Why?"

"Come see." You replied smugly.

He followed you over to the tree, climbing in the hole and crawling down on.

"Wow." Jean breathed as he followed you.

When the two of you sat inside Jean spoke again.

"And you found this?" He asked, almost astonished.

"Yeah. I followed the stream and found where they merged to the river and now here I am."

"That's amazing. This place is perfect Y/n. What were you doing in the woods?"

"I was looking for a small animal that I might be able to trap or kill. I was thinking it would help make sleeping at night better."

"I agree. We should go get the deer I got, it could be useful."

"But wait, what we're you gonna do with it? Where are you staying?"

"I ain't got a place, I was gonna use most of the meat and very little of the hide anyway. And if you don't mind, I was thinking that maybe... I could bunk with you? I've got a bow and i'm pretty useful and I think we bonded well during training. But I know we're from different districts and-"

"Don't worry about it, of course you can stay. It'll be easier to live if we share the burden anyway. Plus, things could get boring so why not have a scandal of us working together. Imagine the outrage." You giggled before quickly continuing. "Lethal Lovers From Distant Districts Come Together!" You mimicked, splaying you hands up dramatically in the air as to mock an article title in-front of you.

Jean laughed with you, the idea being the least of your problems and therefore a good reason to laugh. It was almost like a bullet wound and a scratch, and instead of doctors focusing on the bullet they focus on the scratch.

"We should get the deer before someone or something steals it." Jean suggested, you humming in agreement before crawling out your temporary home after him.

a/n- i'm getting a bunny! ahhh! i'm an animal lover and use to have bunnies when i was little so i can't wait. he's a mini lop and super adorable. His names either torint or min/min-min - for armin lol. i haven't decided to let me know what you think- or any other suggestions you have. i can't bring him home til may 11-ish.

anyway sorry for ranting, i'm just super excited lol. also today's my birthday! yaay! another year down lol.

double also- i think i might make a part two to this, i'm not sure. I can't wait for summer, winter is my season but hopefully with more free time i'll be able to write for all of you again:)

so idk what to ask- leave something for me to ask or just random blurbs lol. maybe i should start doing that- leaving a spot on each chapter where you can leave your thoughts -random and not- to hopefully help? idk let me know please<3

i need you here. stay. please.