PROLOGUE

Author Note:

Thank you so much for taking the time to PREVIEW Book #2 in the Legend of the Firewalker book series on Wattpad! 

Book #2, Drawing Bloodlines, is now available for purchase on Amazon.com

http://smarturl.it/drawingbloodlines

————————————-

PROLOGUE

Nathan's ears continued to ring and, for the first time in his life, he had wished he had learned to wield a sword. Warm blood oozed from his shoulder and the searing pain was a constant reminder that everything happening to him and his friends was real.

They had already gone through so much at camp this summer, he thought. And coming here was supposed to make everyone safe; safe from Lucas and Lauren, safe from the rest of the Fallen Ones....

From his knees, he watched as the battle unfolded around him. Maybe this is all happening because of me ... if I had just chosen not to be a camp counselor ... if I had just ignored my abilities, we would still be in Cahokia Falls.

A familiar scream urged him, but his mind was in such a haze that it was impossible to get to his feet. I have failed them, he thought. He looked up just in time to see his childhood best friend fall off a cliff.

———————————————————

Thanks again for voting! :)