𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕

Start from the beginning

The redhead rolled her eyes at his actions before she made her way inside the studio just as Luke and Julie finished their conversation. Right as Lexi hung what she was planning on wearing for their performance that night on the door handle, the guitarist announced that they were going to have a band circle. That caused a small smile to form on the Daniels girl's face as she made her way toward her best friend and the ghost boys. She took Julie's hand into hers as soon as she was close enough before hovering the other over Alex's.

"We don't know what brought us here, but what we do know is the two of you are stars. And just because this is our last night together, it doesn't mean we won't be watching you from above...or..." Luke paused as he gestured down toward the floor, making the two girls in front of him smile before he continued speaking, "now let's go rock this show. Let's give them a night they'll be talking about until the sun comes up, okay?"

"Legends on three," the guitarist said as he placed his hand in the middle of their circle then Alex and Reggie copied his movements followed by Julie and Lexi. The group counted down together before shouting "legends" as loud as they could before their laughter filled the air. It wasn't long after that when a car horn blasted through the air, causing Julie to exchange a look with Lexi before the two looked back at the boys.

"That's my dad," the curly-haired girl told the ghost boys before a small chuckle passed over her lips, "he's driving us there, so we'll see you guys soon."

The five of them shared one last smile before the girls grabbed their clothes and walked out of the studio, only for Lexi to stop in her tracks when Reggie called out her name. The Daniels girl turned back around to face the bassist to find him staring back at her with a hint of sadness in his eyes. "Can I talk to you for a second, Annie?"

The redhead found herself glancing over at her best friend, who simply nodded in response before she followed the bassist to the other side of the piano so they could talk in private. Lexi just stood there for a moment as she watched Reggie have what seemed like an internal conflict before his blue eyes looked up to meet her brown ones.

"I need you to promise me something. You know, after we move on," the raven-haired boy told her as he began to mess with the sleeves of the flannel tied around his waist. When the girl in front of him sent him a small smile, he took that as his cue to continue speaking. "I need you to promise to keep music in your life, no matter what. I see the smile you get when you get on stage and I don't want you to lose that."

The grin on the girl's face did nothing but grow as she unconsciously reached out to take Reggie's hands, only for hers to fall right through them. Lexi quickly shook off the awkwardness that she was beginning to feel before she looked back up to meet the ghost's eyes. "I promise."

The two of them shared one last smile before Lexi walked toward the barn doors to grab her clothes then she made her way out of the Molina's studio and toward their driveway. Once she reached their car, she hopped into the back with Julie while Ray called out for Carlos to hurry up. As soon as the youngest Molina joined them in the car, they began their journey toward the Orpheum.

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

After a few hours of getting ready, Lexi sat on one of the couches in the dressing room while Julie sat in front of the mirror to apply her lip gloss. Nerves that she hadn't felt in a long time began to resurface as the redhead placed her head in her hands to give herself a silent pep talk. Just as she was beginning to doubt herself once again, there was a quiet knock at the door before both girls turned their attention toward the entrance of the room.

"I've got your roadies," the stage manager told the two girls before Julie called out for them to come in. The Daniels girl watched as the door swung open to reveal Flynn, Ryder, and Cami before the trio entered the room with giant smiles on their faces.