An Odd Bus Ride

oikage: romantic

format: story

genres/tags: fluff- attempt at humor - getting together- pining-

not a request

_____

Oikawa was totally and utterly fucked. Ever since he had finally figured out his feelings for Kageyama, he's been a total train wreck, not being able to do simple tasks without thinking about the younger boy or seeing Kageyama in everything little thing he did, which was extremely annoying yet endearing, might he add.

And he was so whipped, as Iwaizumi pointed out, not that he disagrees though. It was so painfully obvious, that even Oikawa was disappointed in himself when he had finally realized.

Looking through the bus window like some drama lead and completely zoned out, you can imagine how terrified he was when a face popped out from the bottom right corner of the window. A high-pitched girly shriek threatened to escape his lips, but luckily, his hands slapped over his mouth just in time.

He was too tired to deal with this as it was already 7pm and he had just returned from volleyball practice, but he pursued nonetheless. Oikawa was just about to throw some snarky comment at the instigator but was awe-struck to see the top half of the face. It was Kageyama.

Blue eyes stared back at brown in shock, and the boy's dark hair slightly covered his furrowed eyebrows. They stared at each other for what felt like an eternity, but it was probably only ten seconds until Kageyama nodded his head downwards in greetings towards Oikawa.

And hell, the boy didn't even apologize for almost giving him a heart attack and sauntered off to enter the vehicle.

Not only did he look like an absolute moron to his junior, but now he had to actually interact with him. God knows what he'll say or do unintentionally as his nerves were off the chart. And how are you supposed to talk to the kid you used to nag and somewhat bully in middle school, and now have a secret crush on? You don't.

He dramatically sighed, this ride would be a long one.

Watching the boy walk onto the bus, he internally screamed and wanted to curl up into a ball and cry his self away.

Mustering up all the courage he had, he waved a hand to said boy and greeted him with a fake smile. Because what upperclassmen wouldn't want to annoy their junior even if it meant embarrassing themselves, it would embarrass the other boy a lot more in his opinion.

You could clearly see the gears turning in Kageyama's head, choosing whether to simply ignore the pesky man or actually go up to him. After a few seconds of what was most likely was inner dialogue for the dark-haired boy, he awkwardly walked towards Oikawa, trying to avoid an elderly woman's legs or her baggage in the aisle.

The older of two stifled a chuckle at how stupid the other looked, and well, Kageyama's expression made it look like he was constipated. He was only three rows away from the front, and yet the kid couldn't even walk in a straight line.

Finally, he made it towards his seat. God, this is going to be one of hell of a conversation.

"Uh hello, Oikawa-san." Wait, what should he talk about with him? He invited him over without a game plan, he's absolutely screwed.