~10~

Friday, April.23----7:20pm----23 degrees celcius

Once we arrived at the small diner, Marcus quickly got out and came to my side of the Jeep, to open the door for me.

"I thought you didn't like that I was a prince." I remarked.

"I never said that. I was simply making an observation." He smirked.

"Observation my ass."

As I was getting out of the car, Marcus extended a hand out for me to take. I gently placed my own a top of his. Marcus leaned forward a bit and placed a soft kiss on the back of my hand.

"Welcome, your highness." He retorted with a sly smirk playing at his lips.

As I was getting out of the car, a removed my hand from his grasp. "Will you stop calling me that!" I playfully slapped his chest, earning a chuckle from Marcus.

"I will once you stop gorgeous." He flirtingly smirked at me.

A dark crimson began to engulf my cheeks. He chuckled once again.

Why is everything about this man hot? It's not fair for my heart. Breathe River, breathe. Calm down.

With that, I took in a deep breathe. If Marcus noticed this, he didn't display any hint that he had.

As we were entering the small 50's themed diner, all eyes turned to us. Anxiety began to over-power my other senses.

Oh god. I shouldn't have worn a dress. They all probably think i'm weird. Oh god, oh god, oh god.

Marcus must have noticed me visibly tense up, because he gently took my hand, entwining our fingers together. He lightly, yet firmly squeezed my hand, an attempt to ease my nerves. It worked almost instantly.

He leaned down, so his lips were brushing against my ear, as he softly whispered, "Ignore them. You look beautiful. They're probably just jealous of that."

I nodded and slowly started walking over to my usual seat.

We sat down in one of the retro booths, sitting across from each other.

A waitress wearing a yellow uniform, her skirt up way higher than it needed to be, her long blonde hair put into a high ponytail, wearing way too much makeup layered on her face, came over to our table, a notepad in hand.

"Hello! What can I get you today?" She asked, facing Marcus, completely ignoring me.

"Well, i'll just get a regular burger and fries, no tomatoes." Marcus said.

"And to drink?"

"I'll just have water please."

"And you?" She asked, facing me. The expression on her face was a mix of disgust, hatred and distrust, all masked over with a terrible fake smile.

"I'll get the same thing as him, but no onions please."

"Alrighty. Your order should be ready in a little bit."

"Alright, thanks." Marcus replied, wearing a fake smile of his own.

As she was walking away, Marcus chuckled.

I gave him a puzzled look. "Why are you laughing?"

"The looks-you guys-w-were-g-giving e-each-other-" He said inbetween laughs. "You looked like you were going to stab each other." He glanced over at the fist I didn't even know I was making.

I gently let my hand relax as I said, "Well, she obviously had an interest in you. She's a bitch." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I know. But you know i'm gay. Besides, even if I wasn't, I wouldn't date her. She's a wanna-be Barbie."

I bursted out giggling, earning a smile from Marcus.

After 20 minutes of us just talking to each other, the food finally came.

While we were eating, we just talked and laughed. It was really fun.

Once we were done eating, we left the restaurant, but not before leaving a complaint about the waitress.

We were in the car, when I realised that we weren't heading home.

"Where are we going?" I asked a bit nervously.

"Relax. I'm just taking you to the beach. I thought it might be nice to go star-gazing."

He lightly placed his hand on my thigh. Again. Only, this time I didn't move it.

With that, we sat in silence. The only sound, being from the radio.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This one is kind of short but we're very close to getting to the main plot!!

I hope you enjoyed.

I'm also sorry for the star-gazing part of the date.

I just finished reading "The Galaxy Is Endless" UwU

I was literally sobbing and i'm still recovering.

word count:  699