Chapter 15

"Sidharth! There he is!"...Dr. Muskaan gets to see him at the door..

"Hey Aunty! How are you doing?"

"I am fine beta! How are you?!"

"Haan I am much better now! Thank you for all the help! By the way, Naina kaha hai?"

"Bachha she has gone to your room.. I guess she is waiting for you.."..replies his Mom..

"Oh okay.. aap log baat karo.. I will just go and meet her"

*************

He steps inside the room and finds her glaring happily through an old album..

"Hey what's up? Kya kar rahi hai?!"

"Sidddd!!!"...she exclaims in joy and paces into his arms..!

"Okay!! Kya hua? Why are you so happy?!"

"Yes! Yes! I am very happy!"

"Thats great! Now sit here and tell me.."..he tries hard to get rid of her..

"Tune ha kardiya..you said yes!! Hai na?!"

"Wh..aat?! Kis baat k leye?!"

She pulls herself back and stares at him with a fear of losing everything, yet again!

"Kya hua?! Batayegi?"

"Didnt you tell aunty that you are stable now and tujhe settle hone mein koi problem nehi hai?!"

"Oh! God! Mom!"

"Kya hua?!"..her voice starts shaking..

"I am so sorry Naina! This is a misunderstanding!"

"What the fuck?!"

"Dekh pehle cool down and listen to me! Mom was very unwell and she was repeatedly asking me to settle down! She was scared that how will I manage after her! And maine bhi us wakt, just to comfort her, flow flow mein boldiya that Mom I am all stable now and I will settle down soon!"

"Sid!! Do you have any idea how would this affect me and my Mom now?!"

"Yaar! You need to understand something! Even if I decide to settle down, why does it have to be you?! You are my friend Naina, a very good friend!!! Jisko main aaj se nehi, bachpan se janta hoon! So this friendship is very precious for me! Maine kabhi tujhe us nazar se nehi dekha yaar!"

"Wah sahi hai!! When you know that I have spent more than half of my life rooting for your love, had a broken marriage, didn't even date anybody!! Uske baad bhi you expect me to consider you as a mere friend! Sid!! I mean! Whatever! I will go now!"

"Naina rukh..!"..he holds her back and makes her sit..

"Tu mere liye important hai aur hamesha rahegi! I care a lot for you! Woh album jo tu dekke smile kar rahi thi na..I do the same! These memories are priceless for me as well! Haan main manta hoon for the last one year, maine tujhe bhi bohot ignore kiya, but the best thing about you is you did understand the situation and acted accordingly..! Yaar and I can't afford to loose a friend like you! I respect this friendship yaar! Don't spoil it! It's precious!"

"Sid! Do you even realize that I am aging up?! My Mom who is nearing to almost 70 now, remains all frustrated!! Meri kya galti hai yaar?! Why can't you love the person who has loved you for her entire life?!"

"Because I don't connect to you in that way!!"

"Whatever! Please let me go!"...she walks away...

"Naina rukh ja yaar!"...he tries to manage her but fails to control her breakdown..

************

Soul Resonanceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें