Chapter Forty-Nine ~ Insecure Alpha's and Dinner

Start from the beginning

We all eat dinner in a comfortable silence, everyone to afraid to say something that might upset the mood. Truth be told I couldn't wait to begin our plan and get the fuck out of here.

I was worried for Tia, I could tell her life wasn't the best, she loved her mate but she didn't love the way he treated her. I hoped our plan worked and I wasn't just putting all of our lives in danger, I hope our plan worked so Jack would realise woman can do just as much as a man can.

Our lives were at steak regardless of whether we tried or not. And I wasn't going to die without trying.

I was a warrior.

We all finish our dinner and bid each other a Goodnight, Odysseus and I walk hand-in-hand back to our room and get ready for bed.

"I hate it here," I say with a sigh as I stare up at the ceiling, Odysseus lays down next to me just coming back from the bathroom.

"That makes two of us," he says and looks up at the ceiling with me. I turn my head to look at him, a big smile rested on my face, he faces me and gives me a sloppy grin causing me to laugh.

"You're one of a kind Seus," I tell him causing him to smile gently at me.
"What is it?" I ask him gently as I rest my palm against his cheek.

"Nothing, it's just that... my mother used to call me that before she passed away," he says as tears brim his soft gentle eyes.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to upset you..." I say trying to defend myself, not wanting to be the reason for his sadness.

"No! You didn't upset me, Tate," he says to me holding his palm against my cheek so we match.
"It means a lot to hear you call me that," he continues and swallows thickly as he blinks back his tears.

"That makes two of us," I tell him smiling, I sit up abruptly causing Odysseus to look at me worried as he clutches my baby bump gently.

"What's wrong baby?" He ask me, concerned.

"I just really need a drink," I tell him with a small laugh. He smiles gently.

"You're a goose, we just had dinner," he tells me before pinching my nose gently between his knuckles, I laugh at his childishness.
"Come on, I'll come with you," he says to me with a smile.

I get up off the bed by and we walk to the door. Odysseus open it for me and I thank him with a smile. We walk down the hallway hand in hand.

"I'm nervous for tomorrow," I tell Odysseus, looking up into his deep brown eyes. He smiles down at me gently.

"You'll be fine, it'll be perfect, I'll be right there beside you and nothing is going to wrong," he tells me, reassuring me it'll all be ok. I smile nervously regardless of his words, a sinking feel in my stomach that I couldn't seem to shake.

We reach the kitchen when an angry voice reaches my ears from afar, Odysseus walks in but doesn't realise I wasn't walking in with him.

"What have I told you about keeping your mouth shut, unless spoken to?" I hear someone familiar ask.

"I'm sorry, I promise it will never happen again! I didn't mean for it to happen baby," I hear Tia cry.

I follow the sound of the voices and speed walk to reach them.

"You're right it won't happen again, remember what happened last time..." I hear Jack growl, angrily I turn the corner to see Jack's frame towering over Tia.

"What happened last time?" I spit out causing both of their heads to snap my way. They both look me up and down, noticing I was in my pyjamas and fluffy slippers.

"Hellooo?" I ask them, narrowing my eyes at Jack's hands that were caging Tia in against the wall.

"That's none of your concern, Luna. We were just... talking," Jack says backing away from Tia and sending her a glare.

"Talking my arse. I fucking heard what you said. Say it again and explain it to me, because no one is fucking leaving until I know why you're treating your mate like shit, you pathetic pup," I growl at Jack causing his eyes to widen slightly, afraid.
"And be careful because I wouldn't hesitate to take your mate and pup away," I growl causing him to do the same.

"Back down Fido, I will beat your arse," I growl at him, my eyes glowing a dark purple as Soren tries to take over. We all gasp in shock before my eyes go back to hazel green. I know Odysseus eyes glow gold, showing that he was royal but purple eyes? I've never heard of a wolf having purple eyes.

"It's was an empty threat," Jack says trying to defend himself, suddenly Odysseus comes around the corner, his eyes widening once his eyes land on us all.

"Baby," Odysseus says, wrapping his arms around me and resting his hands on my baby bump.
"Where did you go?" He asks me looking up at me with wide eyes.

"Here?" I say as more of a question, wondering how it wasn't obvious.

"What's going on here?" Odysseus growls, his eyes glowing gold as his gaze sets on Jack, I see him visibly swallow in fear as he turns his head to look at Tia for help. She shakes her head frantically with her eyes wide, not knowing what to do or say.

Hack quickly grabs Tia and pushes her forward towards us as a sacrifice as he runs down the hallway. Paper man? More like toilet paper man, piece of shit.

"Are you ok?" I ask Tia, walking out of Odysseus' embrace and over to her.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine. I'm ok. I just... he's not always like this, he can be a good man sometimes," she says with a frown, trying to defend her mate.

"I get that," I tell her, agreeing with her for that sorry bastards sake. I hold her hands in mine for comfort.
"But if you ever need a place for River and yourself to stay, you are more than welcome at the castle... right Odysseus?" I ask him causing his gaze to snap where Jack once stood next to us.

"Yeah, sure," he says give a smile. I smile at his kind words towards Tia.

"Thank you, I best be heading back to River," Tia says with a smile.

"Of course, go back to your son," I tell her with a smile and let go of her hands.

"Goodnight," she smiles and makes her way down the hallway.

"Goodnight," both Odysseus and I chorus before we head in the direction we came from.

"Ready for bed?" He asks me gently, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Sure," I say sighing, I was tired.

We walk back and finally reach our room. We lay down on our bed and turn off the lights. I stay awake as Odysseus falls asleep beside me.

I'm lost in thought when I realised... I didn't get a drink...

***
Edited

Hey guys don't forget to like, comment and share! :)