Chapter Thirty-Three ~ Important Piece of Paper

T A T U M

      "I think it's time to go," Odysseus says rubbing my back

"Yes, I think that would be wise," my father says gesturing for us to follow him.

We follow behind him as he leads us back to our car where our driver was waiting.

We walk to the car and the driver opens up the door for us.

"Wait!" I say turning around.
"Take me to your office," I tell my father looking at him in all seriousness.

He nods his head, gesturing for me to follow.

We walk through the pack house, ignoring all the pack members curious gazes as we walk by. We reach the third floor, I watch as Odysseus and my dad walk straight ahead. I stop at another hallway and look down it.

"Tatum," I could hear my mum's voice calling me. I follow her voice, walking down several hallways. The calling stop and suddenly I find myself at the end of the hallway in front of a door. I go to open it but my fathers voice stops me.

"That was your baby room," he says to me, I don't turn around but instead open the door and walk in.

I look at the cott and all the things one would have in a baby room. I look at the chair in the corner and for a second I see my mother there sitting and smiling at me. I smile as I take in the pastel purple themed room.

This was mine?

"You're mother insisted on decorating this room by herself," my father smiles at the memory.

I look at Odysseus and smile causing him to do the same. He was happy for me. I was grateful my father didn't change my room.

"I was hopeful you'd be alive and be able to come back, I just didn't realise it would be so many years later," my father jokes, I smile before looking at him.

"We better head to your office now," I say, a new determination flowing through me. I was ready to get down to business.

"Very well," he says and walks out with both Odysseus and I in tow.

We finally reach his office and I sit in the chair across from his as Odysseus places a hand on my shoulder.

My father sits in his chair his eyes narrowed.

"What is it exactly you want to come in here for, Tatum?" My father asks causing me to smirk.

———

I get in first scooting over to the other side, Odysseus following behind me.

"Are you alright?" Odysseus asks me putting hand on my thigh as I clutch the folded up, tattered piece of paper.

"No." I say, trying to keep in my tears.

"It's ok if you need to cry," he says shuffling over into the middle seat making me laugh. He puts on our belts and gently scratches my arm as I lean my head on his chest.