Epilogue: The Gift of a Curse

Hi, Welcome to the end. (❛ᴗ❛๑ )

Once again, I would like to thank all those who read this book, offered me their votes and insights, as well as to those souls who added this to their reading lists! Selemet, mge bb. Mahal na mahal ko ho kayo! You're all a blessing to me.

-epilogue-

Seven years ago, the origin of this disaster happened. A simple explosion that changed the lives of thousands.

Unfortunately, I, Serena Dianne Villueva, who took the surname Raskell, was one of the few chosen ones.

In everyone's fantasy, possessing magic would awe them. Magic will then be accepted and celebrated. However, the harsh reality is that humans are fearful beings who reject anything they can't grasp on. Anything that couldn't be explained is either an interesting or a destructive thought.

Being able to wield abilities, of course, terrifies people.

Who in their sane mind would even grin happily when a little kid is breathing fire on you? So, to stop the threat from becoming real, you either use or hunt these people.

Study and use them for your own advancement or greed, to cause the wars that never seems to end, or to place yourself in the top ranks because you have a pet by your side.

Hunt them because they're nothing but monsters. Sharpen them for they can be used as weapons. Nothing but people with abilities who can kill you at one snap.

Because they're cursed with their powers. Cursed with their gifts.

They are an anathema to society.

So, we run. We, the monsters or the 'predators', run away from the preys or the 'victims' because we're not actually the one killing and hunting. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

The 'hunters' are hunted. Would you look at that?

"Serena, anong krimen na naman ba ang pinaplano mo?"

Napalingon ako kay Yuri. Nakakunot ang noo niya habang taimtim ang titig sa'kin. Her hands were bandaged because she overused her ability in the fight, kaya kahit na firegirl siya ay nasunog ang kamay niya.

I briefly wonder how those ordinary humans treat us like a threat, when we're actually the ones threatened the most. Ano ba ang akala nila? Nagkaroon kami ng ability at sa isang iglap ay master na namin ito?

It's funny how stupidity resides in everyone, but in ignorant people the most. Hindi ko tuloy alam kung maliit ba ang utak nila kaya hindi maproseso o sadyang wala talaga.

"B-Bakit ganiyan ka makatingin?" dagdag niyang tanong nang tumagal ang titig ko. "May nagawa ba akong masama?"

I tilted my head. "Any preferred location to die?"

Fear clouded Yuri's feature. Ito naman hindi majoke.

"Nangangamusta lang, malapit pang namatay. Juskong buhay 'to." she whispered to herself while walking away, feet stomping on the ground.

I glanced around the place. Nakaalis na kami doon sa gubat na nasa labas ng academy. The men went away when they saw their dead leader. Preston's men can't attack, seeing that Kiyara was their new leader. The privilege of being an heir and all.