Chapter Fifty: Two Queens

Meredith and Kiyara

Meredith and Kiyara.

-chapter fifty-

Sometimes, a snake hunts the rabbit.

This time the rabbit walked to the center, presenting itself as a bait for the snake.

The snake did bite.

It started at one explosion and a scream. Mabilis na naging alerto si Kiyara at iniwanan ang kinakain niyang tsokolate. The heart-shaped box was left alone in the large council table as the president rushed towards the disruption.

Isang nasusunog na classroom ang nakita nila. A female student that was sitting nearby the room nearly fainted at the explosion. When asked why alone, nagsosolo daw siya dahil pagod na siyang magthirdwheel sa kaibigan niya't jowa nito. She never imagined her little escape would probably end her life.

While the girl was contemplating and regretting her emo time, Kiyara already understood the situation. Her eyes met the glass ones at the other end of the hall. She quickly snapped her finger and Erika came rushing by her side, planner in hand.

"I have already contacted Yuri and Dale. They'll start rounding up the students away from the buildings-"

"No." Kiyara cut her off. "Positioning ourselves in a clear site will be advantageous for them. Let them destroy the academy, trying to find us. Meanwhile, we'll escape underground. Have you seen Keian?"

Umiling si Erika. "Hindi pa sila nakakabalik mula sa pagtulong kay Serena."

Kiyara nodded. "Well then, I believe he'd be fine if they ever met. Although I am a bit worried that she would use my twin as bait. Serena treasures her partner a lot."

Umangat ang kilay ni Erika. Hindi niya 'yon napansin. Lagi na lang kasi nagbabangayan o nagsasamaan ng tingin ang dalawa kaya naman akala niya'y ilalagay pa nila ang isa't isa sa panganib kaysa pumrotekta. O di kaya'y 'yon na ang bonding nila?

"I think they'd rather start a war than finish it." ani Yohanne na kakadating lang. "They're both reckless."

"No." kontra ni Kiyara. "Serena is reckless. Those who helped her were unlucky souls who were unfortunately dragged in a problem."

They started walking towards Meredith, the braided girl pushed her glasses upwards upon seeing them. Sa tabi niya ay isang babae na naka-asul na palda. Her light brown sweater was tucked and her blue heeled boots finished her look. She was familiar in Kiyara's eyes, often seen hanging beside Mikhael.

"Sino 'yang katabi ni Meredith?" mabuti't nagtanong si Yohanne. "I haven't seen her in the campus."

"Nakita mo na 'yan, 'di mo lang ata pinansin." sagot ni Erika. "She's Tanya. Kaibigan ni Mikhael at sunod-sunoran kay Meredith."